Content Filtering Schedule glitch

possible glitch ?

Noticed after upgrading to latest firmware....

Before the firmware upgrade , i had my schedule set to 23:30 to turn off all the kids devices (for bedtime).

after the upgrade, i changed the time from 23:30 to 23:00, but the router wont deviate from the old time set ? it still uses 23:30...?

i have rebooted and router still is using 23:30 as the internet cut-off time...?

schedule.jpg

where is the NTP option on this router to set the time correctly, i cant find it lol!!

now the router is showing the wrong date and time it has totally messed up the Scheduling .....!

There isn't one, disable everything on that page then apply. Then setup again and apply. Is it resolved then?

where does the router get its NTP from then ?

can this be added in a future update (as on other routers) ?

am i going to have to go through this monotonous routine each time i need to make minor changes, add, remove, add, remove, add... reboot ...reboot ?

(Netgear didnt even bother fixing the other glitch, "port triggering" tick boxes that don't untick, either ?? )

... 3 reboots later, the correct time is finally showing correct.. this needs addressed obviously.

i will find out tonight at 11pm if the scheduling is working correctly (i dont want to start a war in the house again having rebooted 3 times today!) just getting teh time to work properly on the router...

...Netgear would need to get their finger out and get the many current  issues sorted fast, as sadly im starting to feel drawn back into reverting to my old router again ....

its a days work keeping this router maintained....

• Administrators

where does the router get its NTP from then ?

can this be added in a future update (as on other routers) ?

am i going to have to go through this monotonous routine each time i need to make minor changes, add, remove, add, remove, add... reboot ...reboot ?

(Netgear didnt even bother fixing the other glitch, "port triggering" tick boxes that don't untick, either ?? )

... 3 reboots later, the correct time is finally showing correct.. this needs addressed obviously.

i will find out tonight at 11pm if the scheduling is working correctly (i dont want to start a war in the house again having rebooted 3 times today!) just getting teh time to work properly on the router...

...Netgear would need to get their finger out and get the many current  issues sorted fast, as sadly im starting to feel drawn back into reverting to my old router again ....

its a days work keeping this router maintained....

I don't know that's a Netgear feature so it would have to be on them to add it in a future update. Development cycles are complicated, not every fix for every single issue can be included in the very next firmware. 

You shouldn't have to reboot, just unapply then reapply. 

There has been 3 updates since launch, that comes out to 1 update every 3-4 weeks. Considering the testing cycle is 2 weeks or so that's exceptionally fast. Fixes can't just be thrown out as and when they're found, thats not how development works. They are aware of that issue so I'm sure they will include it when they're able to.

I don't know that's a Netgear feature so it would have to be on them to add it in a future update. Development cycles are complicated, not every fix for every single issue can be included in the very next firmware. 

You shouldn't have to reboot, just unapply then reapply. 

There has been 3 updates since launch, that comes out to 1 update every 3-4 weeks. Considering the testing cycle is 2 weeks or so that's exceptionally fast. Fixes can't just be thrown out as and when they're found, thats not how development works. They are aware of that issue so I'm sure they will include it when they're able to.

Im having to reboot a number of times just to get the correct date and time to show ...? 

Also ..its hard to determine what Netgear are doing (if anything really) given the "vagueness" of their change-logs.... (sounds like "Placebo Effect" updates to me LOL! ).

V2.0.0.28

1. Initial release for XR500 firmware which supports Netduma gaming features.  (seen no "real" differences from first to latest firmware?

v2.1.0.4

New Features and Enhancements:

1. Includes usability improvements for the Geo Filter and QoS.  (like what, i didnt notice anything different ?)

- Bug Fixes:

1. Fixes the issue where the Internet status, guest wireless status, or wireless status might not display.  (never happened to me ?)
  2. Fixes security issues.  (such as ?)

V2.1.0.6

- Bug Fixes:

1. Fixes stability issues.  (really ? should have been stable on release)

V2.2.1.10

- Bug Fixes:

1. Fixes security issues. (Really ? Surely it should have been secure on release ?)
  2. Fixes the firmware update issue. (there should never have been an issue such as this ?)

.... i patiently await an Update from Netgear with at least "some" of the issues raised on this forum, fixed.....