Comcast announces speed increases

iAmMoDBoX

Comcast today announced it is increasing the speeds of some of its most popular Xfinity Internet service tiers – including Blast and Performance Pro – for new and existing customers in the Northeast Division, which includes 14 northeastern states from Maine through Virginia and the District of Columbia. The increases are at no additional cost and underscore the company’s leadership in delivering some of the fastest broadband Internet speeds, including Gigabit-speed services for both residential and business customers.

Speed increases will vary based on a customers’ current speed subscription, but the vast majority will see an increase of 50 Mbps. The changes include:

Blast tier download speeds increasing from 200 Mbps to 250 Mbps
Performance Pro tier download speeds increasing from 100 Mbps to 150 Mbps
Performance tier download speeds increasing from 25 Mbps to 60 Mbps
Performance Starter tier download speeds increasing from 10 Mbps to 15 Mbps

New and existing customers can expect to see enhanced speeds this month. Most customers will automatically be upgraded to the new speeds, and will simply need to re-start their modems. Comcast will notify customers who may need to upgrade their modems to receive the new speeds. Those who lease modems from Comcast and require an upgrade can do so for no additional charge by requesting a self-install kit or visiting an Xfinity Store or service center. Those owning modems requiring an upgrade can purchase a new one or lease an Xfinity modem, which includes Xfinity xFi, which is a digital dashboard that lets customers personalize, manage and control their home Wi-Fi experience.

Thanks iAmMoDBoX!!! Did they happen to mention business customers? I have been thinking about upgrading my modem to one of the 3.1 versions. What do you think?

Thanks iAmMoDBoX!!! Did they happen to mention business customers? I have been thinking about upgrading my modem to one of the 3.1 versions. What do you think?

From my experience their own 3.1 modems are HORRIBLE

Speeds go from gigabit to 50 kbps, ping from 999 to 10ms... Gotta reboot every 5 minutes to get a stable connection.

This was their rented all in one modems