XR500 QoS Settings Question

Hey y'all, how are ya. I just got one of these routers, and it is AWESOME, but I had a question for y'all about the QoS settings. I've got a 400 down/20 up connection, and I want to give priority to my gaming PC for streaming and the like. Might y'all have any clues as to how to properly set these settings, please?

Thank you. 

• Administrators

Hi Space - welcome to the forum and great to hear you are enjoying it. Here’s what we recommend:

1. Set Anti-Bufferbloat to 70% for both download and upload and set the mode to ‘High Priority Traffic Detected’. This means it will only take effect when your gaming, which is when you will want this feature to prevent lag
  2. on Bandwidth allocation, give your gaming PC at least 20% of the bandwidth. Games don’t use much, so 20% will be more than enough. Do this for both download and upload and make sure to click ‘Uodate Distribution’ each time to save your changes
  3. On Traffic Prioritization, make sure DumaOS Classified Games is checked

That’s all - with this setup you will have the best QoS in the world to prevent congestion from causing you to lag. 

If you’re unsure how to do any of these settings, click the ‘?’ Icon at the top of the page next to where it says ‘QoS’. This will launch a setup tour which will help. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!