NETDUMA LOST POWER

saloaun

I am presenting problems with the router, it restarts constantly, like 1 or 2 times in the day a beep sound and restart the router. what can i do? maybe the power adapter?  

the router is a little away from the other devices and is in a cool place

post-28003-0-35789000-1518019367_thumb.jpg

post-28003-0-31511500-1518019374_thumb.jpg

• Netduma Staff

I am presenting problems with the router, it restarts constantly, like 1 or 2 times in the day a beep sound and restart the router. what can i do? maybe the power adapter?  

the router is a little away from the other devices and is in a cool place

Hi, welcome to the forum! How long have you had the router for? Make sure the plug is connected straight to the wall rather than an extension lead. It's possible the adapter connected to the plug is the cause as well; have you got any more of those adapters to try out?

• 3 months later...

Hi! Mine doesnt get any power anymore at all. 

I woke up today and its gone. 

Bought the router at the end of 2017 I believe

Yes, its connected straight in the wall

Yes, I've tried a different adapter and no power either. 

Please help :\

• Netduma Staff

Hi! Mine doesnt get any power anymore at all. 

I woke up today and its gone. 

Bought the router at the end of 2017 I believe

Yes, its connected straight in the wall

Yes, I've tried a different adapter and no power either. 

Please help :\

Hi Chris! You're covered by your warranty so not to worry. If you're positive that you can't get any power through the router at all, please email [email protected] with a link to this forum thread. We'll assess the situation and help you from there :D

Hi Chris! You're covered by your warranty so not to worry. If you're positive that you can't get any power through the router at all, please email [email protected] with a link to this forum thread. We'll assess the situation and help you from there :D

Hi Jack. Thanks for the quick reply! Turns out, my second adapter was broken as well (what are the odds). I asked a friend if he had one so I could test multiple ones. That one did work! Just bought a new adapter and all working fine again :). Thanks!

• Netduma Staff

Hi Jack. Thanks for the quick reply! Turns out, my second adapter was broken as well (what are the odds). I asked a friend if he had one so I could test multiple ones. That one did work! Just bought a new adapter and all working fine again :). Thanks!

Hi Chris - man what are the chances of that. Well so long as the new adapter has the correct voltage you should be fine to use it - just make sure to double check its stats against the adapter you received with the router. If you're using the wrong adapter you could blow the router so that's vitally important!

I'm glad it's working though. Please let us know if there's anything else you need.