Recently started losing all connections (wired and wifi)

So this started about a month or so after I purchased my Netduma (roughly two months ago). I had originally attributed it to issues with my wifi, then my modem. It wasn't very often, and rebooting everything did the trick.

It's started to happen much more frequently, going from once a day or so, to a few times a day, and now it's happening a few times a session (ex after dinner till bedtime).

Aside from changing the anti-flood sliders and host filtering options, my settings haven't changed.

The tell for me is that I can restore the connection to both wired and wifi devices by changing any setting in anti-flood. For example, simply moving the sliders, or changing from preemptive to reactive (and vice versa) will all restore connections.

I have my device prioritization set to 100% for my Xbox, and share excess enabled.

My Xbox is the only wired connection, and it loses connection the same time as all wifi devices.

Any ideas?

So this started about a month or so after I purchased my Netduma (roughly two months ago). I had originally attributed it to issues with my wifi, then my modem. It wasn't very often, and rebooting everything did the trick.

It's started to happen much more frequently, going from once a day or so, to a few times a day, and now it's happening a few times a session (ex after dinner till bedtime).

Aside from changing the anti-flood sliders and host filtering options, my settings haven't changed.

The tell for me is that I can restore the connection to both wired and wifi devices by changing any setting in anti-flood. For example, simply moving the sliders, or changing from preemptive to reactive (and vice versa) will all restore connections.

I have my device prioritization set to 100% for my Xbox, and share excess enabled.

My Xbox is the only wired connection, and it loses connection the same time as all wifi devices.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

If you reset the device prioritisation do the disconnects stop?

There’s not really any need to have the Xbox at 100% prioritisation (the Xbox only needs a tiny amount of bandwidth). Resetting it to default and setting the congestion control sliders to 70/70 should do the job perfectly well.

I'll try it, although it would seem that wouldn't explain why the only hardwired connection drops as well, as that's the Xbox. Additionally, it's not always set to 100% Xbox, as whenever a new device comes on the network, it automatically sets the prioritization to allow for a minimum connection to the new device...

I'll give it a shot either way though. 

I'll try it, although it would seem that wouldn't explain why the only hardwired connection drops as well, as that's the Xbox. Additionally, it's not always set to 100% Xbox, as whenever a new device comes on the network, it automatically sets the prioritization to allow for a minimum connection to the new device...

I'll give it a shot either way though.

Your right, it shouldn’t cause the Xbox to drop connection but resetting the priority to default is just to try and troubleshoot the problem.

The WiFi dropping could mean you need to change the WiFi channel. I’ve had to do this myself in the past and changing the channel sorted the WiFi drop out problem.