Strict NAT type on XB1

I've followed all the steps to open my NAT type and this has worked in the past but for some reason it's now showing as strict and nothing I do helps. I've enabled UPNP both in the tab and in misc. Geo-filtering is off when I launch my console and I don't turn it on until my BO3 is open. I also have gone to my other router and put in the WAN IP into the DMZ but still did nothing. (this worked last month). I've tried to manually port forward before and that also didn't work. I've reset my routers as well. Not sure what happened because when it was working I never touched any of the settings. I just logged on today to game and it said strict. I've been troubleshooting all day with no changes. Also when I tested multiplayer connection, before it said "can't locate teredo IP" but now when test it it just says "its all good" even though my NAT type is strict. Pretty frustrating stuff. I've gone through a lot of troubleshooting posts from the forums and nothing has helped so far. Any ideas?

I created a video with everything I do to get an open nat type, hope it helps: https://youtu.be/esu9Ib-vYZM

Awesome vid! One question, do I do the port-forwarding through my actiontec or through my NETDUMA? I followed your steps. I also exclusively use netduma for gaming and my PC. I turned of UPNP and manually port forward what came up for my actiontec but I did it all in the NETDUMA. When I relaunched my console my NAT type went from strict to moderate so I guess that's a good change. Did I do it right or are there more steps?

Edit: It has reverted back to strict nat type.

• Administrators

What does the console say? Does it say open? If so I wouldn't stress yourself out trying to get an open NAT on the game itself, I believe it's a misreading.

Remove port forwarding & disable UPnP from actiontec

R1 WAN IP in DMZ of actiontec

UPnP OR port forwarding enabled on R1 not both

UPnP forwarding in misc settings disabled

That's the only steps needed, if after all that the console is open but the game states otherwise its likely the game

What does the console say? Does it say open? If so I wouldn't stress yourself out trying to get an open NAT on the game itself, I believe it's a misreading.

Remove port forwarding & disable UPnP from actiontec

R1 WAN IP in DMZ of actiontec

UPnP OR port forwarding enabled on R1 not both

UPnP forwarding in misc settings disabled

That's the only steps needed, if after all that the console is open but the game states otherwise its likely the game

In XBOX network settings my NAT type is 'strict'. In BO3 it jumps from 'strict' to 'moderate'. In rainbow six siege it's constantly 'strict' which I've never had a problem with in the past. I'll try what you suggested and get back on here with the results! Thanks for the tips.

Do you suggest I factory reset both my routers and start from the ground up?

• Administrators

In XBOX network settings my NAT type is 'strict'. In BO3 it jumps from 'strict' to 'moderate'. In rainbow six siege it's constantly 'strict' which I've never had a problem with in the past. I'll try what you suggested and get back on here with the results! Thanks for the tips.

Do you suggest I factory reset both my routers and start from the ground up?

You could do but that shouldn't be necessary