Inaccurate speeds

In the last week or two im suddenly getting wildly inaccurate speed test results through my netduma and fear it may be affecting my connection performance.

if i do a test on speedtest.net wired into my superhub 2(virginmedia) i get 218mbps down and 12 up, when i have the superhub in modem only mode and run the test wired to the netduma i get max 48mbps down and 6 up.

I would appreciate any advice i can get on this as its just started happening over the past week or two, prior to that speeds tested were very nearly identical.

• Netduma Staff

In the last week or two im suddenly getting wildly inaccurate speed test results through my netduma and fear it may be affecting my connection performance.

if i do a test on speedtest.net wired into my superhub 2(virginmedia) i get 218mbps down and 12 up, when i have the superhub in modem only mode and run the test wired to the netduma i get max 48mbps down and 6 up.

I would appreciate any advice i can get on this as its just started happening over the past week or two, prior to that speeds tested were very nearly identical.

Please try these speed settings:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Let us know if that improves your speed test results. Also ensure that you're wired to a PC rather than any other device when running a speed test.

Please try these speed settings:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Let us know if that improves your speed test results. Also ensure that you're wired to a PC rather than any other device when running a speed test.

Thanks for the reply!

I already had most those settings locked in but none of it is helping, cables are all good too.

everything was fine til a week or two ago, i was able to get my correct speeds through the netduma but now i cant :S

EDIT: im now seeinga bit of an improvement,not sure what has changed it but im now getting 91 up and 12 down when i do a test.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the reply!

I already had most those settings locked in but none of it is helping, cables are all good too.

everything was fine til a week or two ago, i was able to get my correct speeds through the netduma but now i cant :S

EDIT: im now seeinga bit of an improvement,not sure what has changed it but im now getting 91 up and 12 down when i do a test.

Hm, strange. Looks like you're getting your full upload speeds (I assume you mean 91 down 12 up) so that's good. Do you have all devices connected to the Netduma? Have you tried another Ethernet cable between the modem / Netduma and the Netduma / PC? Try different ports as well.

It's also always good to do a power cycle and see if that helps as well. To do this, switch off both your Modem and your Netduma. Wait a minute before switching on the Modem. Then, wait another minute before connecting your Netduma.