Xbox One NAT type strict even with firewall disabled

Pulp

So I've tried everything I can think of to get my NAT to open and am desperate for help... Not being able to find a solution for hours my current configuration is: reset my router -ASUS RT-AC5300- to factory settings, firmware fully upgraded, UPNP disabled ,  the static IP is set for the xbox one and I put that address into the DMZ which is enabled, I then did a hard reset on both the Xbox One and Router and the nat type is still coming back strict. 

I even temporarily completely disabled the firewall on the ASUS, did a hard reset on everything and the nat was still strict -not even moderate WTF, ha-. 

I have now tried port forward, UPNP, DMZ, firewall off, disabling instant on on xbox -not all at the same time- hard resetting after every try and testing connection several times to no avail. I am out of ideas of what to try to troubleshoot this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Update: I just when through trying all the above steps only plugged in this time. Still no luck. Argh.

• Netduma Staff

So I've tried everything I can think of to get my NAT to open and am desperate for help... Not being able to find a solution for hours my current configuration is: reset my router -ASUS RT-AC5300- to factory settings, firmware fully upgraded, UPNP disabled ,  the static IP is set for the xbox one and I put that address into the DMZ which is enabled, I then did a hard reset on both the Xbox One and Router and the nat type is still coming back strict. 

I even temporarily completely disabled the firewall on the ASUS, did a hard reset on everything and the nat was still strict -not even moderate WTF, ha-. 

I have now tried port forward, UPNP, DMZ, firewall off, disabling instant on on xbox -not all at the same time- hard resetting after every try and testing connection several times to no avail. I am out of ideas of what to try to troubleshoot this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Update: I just when through trying all the above steps only plugged in this time. Still no luck. Argh.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for providing us with so much info, very useful. Could you let us know your exact setup? Judging by what you've said I'm guessing it's Modem > ASUS RT-AC5300 > Netduma > All Devices. If your setup doesn't look like this then I would recommend trying it, and ensuring that the Netduma R1 WAN IP is in the DMZ of your ASUS.

So just to clarify, is this in-game NAT or Console NAT? If you disable the Geo-filter or remove the Netduma from your setup, do you still get a strict NAT?

If you enable UPnP on the Netduma in Misc settings and UPnP settings, as well as disabling UPnP on your ASUS router, and keep the Geo-filter disabled, do you get a strict NAT?

OK totally my bad. I posted this when I was super tired last night -jet lagged- and just googled forums for networking problems and this was the first that came up. Today I got on and realized I had posted in the wrong forum as I do not have netduma. Totally my bad and thanks for the help!

• Netduma Staff

OK totally my bad. I posted this when I was super tired last night -jet lagged- and just googled forums for networking problems and this was the first that came up. Today I got on and realized I had posted in the wrong forum as I do not have netduma. Totally my bad and thanks for the help!

Haha, that's a new one for me! No worries. Feel free to grab a Netduma and join the forum, I hope you find help for your issue :)