Future Release Testers

You  have people sign up for wanting early access to a future public build. You let them know it's not final and things may not work correctly.  As long as they provide feedback of the new features and/or report bugs, they remain in the early tester club.  This would help you guys with broader testing of new features, while providing an opportunity for enthusiastic users to feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

Well this is already kind of what the netduma guys are doing, as they haven't been just releasing builds to everyone. But i do understand where you're coming from, regarding this. Right before i went to bed a couple hours ago, i notice i had been seeing some video buffering. Yet speeds were plenty, then i checked ping, and seen, it was spiking randomly between 300ms to 800ms. So i had to restart both router, and modem to get it to settle back down. However after, my wan speed dropped to 10mbps on me. So in a little while, when i get fully awake. I am gonna reset the netduma. As i am running firmware, that came on it. So i might need to upgrade the firmware.

Anyways this problem sounds very odd, and points more to modem side issue. But sadly, i think i might of bugged the netduma out messing around with it. So full reset maybe needed, with a newer firmware flashed. Also sorry about going off-topic for most my post :lol:

Well this is already kind of what the netduma guys are doing, as they haven't been just releasing builds to everyone. But i do understand where you're coming from, regarding this. Right before i went to bed a couple hours ago, i notice i had been seeing some video buffering. Yet speeds were plenty, then i checked ping, and seen, it was spiking randomly between 300ms to 800ms. So i had to restart both router, and modem to get it to settle back down. However after, my wan speed dropped to 10mbps on me. So in a little while, when i get fully awake. I am gonna reset the netduma. As i am running firmware, that came on it. So i might need to upgrade the firmware.

Anyways this problem sounds very odd, and points more to modem side issue. But sadly, i think i might of bugged the netduma out messing around with it. So full reset maybe needed, with a newer firmware flashed. Also sorry about going off-topic for most my post :lol:

Heh, hope it gets solved for you meow. =) Since you're not fully awake, maybe you forgot you limited your ul/dl speeds in the congestion control? Okay, maybe you're not THAT tired. Yeah I know that's what they've been doing, but maybe they could implement  a more formal invitation. Like a sub section dedicated to early testers with the release builds available and a place to report thoughts of the additions and the bugs found. Could be useful for everyone.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm going to announce this later. I'm looking for, well for lack of a better word "Admins". There router will be in Admin mode. I'd like Admins in different regions of the world. If you can think of a better word let me know please.

I'm going to announce this later. I'm looking for, well for lack of a better word "Admins". There router will be in Admin mode. I'd like Admins in different regions of the world. If you can think of a better word let me know please.

Minions..always go with minions ;)

"Early adopters"

"Wanna be admins"

"Netdummers"

"R1dossers"

I really like the idea of beta testing software if you are able to track the feedback and of course community report everything.

Maybe is a good idea make like a new section here at the forum with translation/beta testing things.

For Spanish testing and translation count with me.

Regards

Archived