Help Router wont work

• Netduma Staff

Don't worry, I'm sure it can be fixed! :)

Can you elaborate a little bit on the issue. Do you have internet connection through it? Can you access there outer dashboard? Can you even connect to it? How did you reboot it exactly?

Basically i had this issue this morning when we were talking about NAT issues. I restarted both of the routers my isp and the netduma and i was unable to connect to the internet at all. So i had to switch routers to even get an internet connection. I then did the nat fix you told me to do and it worked. Then i went to work and have just got back to find out that im back on strict nat type i then rebooted the router using the feature of the Control Panel and i cant get internet through that but i can if i use my ISP router.

Basically i had this issue this morning when we were talking about NAT issues. I restarted both of the routers my isp and the netduma and i was unable to connect to the internet at all. So i had to switch routers to even get an internet connection. I then did the nat fix you told me to do and it worked. Then i went to work and have just got back to find out that im back on strict nat type i then rebooted the router using the feature of the Control Panel and i cant get internet through that but i can if i use my ISP router.

Check the DMZ in your ISP router and make sure you have the Duma's IP in there then rebbot both routers (not factory reset).

• Netduma Staff

I worked yes i changed my password then changed it back thankyouu

Thats great news! Is your NAT open as well now or not? It might be worth given the Netduma a static IP from the other router as it could be that the IP is changing so that it is no longer in the DMZ.

• Netduma Staff

No need to disable the firewall, if it is in the DMZ then the firewall is kind of already disabled to that device.

I'm not familiar with the HH2. In DMZ does it ask you to select a device in a  drop down menu or does it ask you to enter the IP?

• Netduma Staff

Drop down menu, plus do i need to disable DHCP Server on my isp router or not?

No, you don't. If it is a drop down you don't need to give the Netduma a static IP. Maybe try disabling the firewall and see if it works. The Netduma has its own firewall so you should be fine disabling. Maybe for some reason it is blocking the packets although if it was open earlier I doubt it is.

Could you try restarting the console with the GeoFilter disabled again and see if that works?

Its fixed. I had it disabled when i went to work and i turned my xbox back on when it was off to find my xbox on strict. thakyou for your help out of hours if i need any help in the future i will ask thanks

Archived