Netduma R1 and AT&T Wifi calling in the US

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if anyone has had issues in the US with AT&T wifi calling through the Netduma R1. I don't have any queueing or congestion features turned on and upnp is enabled as well. When one of the iPhones in the house indicates that it should be using wifi to make the call sometimes it will work and other times the call will just fail immediately or there will just be silence and nothing happens. Many times just rebooting the router will fix it for awhile but it'll go back to not working shortly after.

Here is a link to at&t's suggested router settings to make sure this works:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1114459

udp 500 and 4500 and tcp 143. Looks like my MTU is set properly, im on the latest firmware and i'm using google dns.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if anyone has had issues in the US with AT&T wifi calling through the Netduma R1. I don't have any queueing or congestion features turned on and upnp is enabled as well. When one of the iPhones in the house indicates that it should be using wifi to make the call sometimes it will work and other times the call will just fail immediately or there will just be silence and nothing happens. Many times just rebooting the router will fix it for awhile but it'll go back to not working shortly after.

udp 500 and 4500 and tcp 143. Looks like my MTU is set properly, im on the latest firmware and i'm using google dns.

Thanks!

Turn off turbo mode or switch algorithms to pre-emptive.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I encountered a similar issue with WiFi calling. If you have pre-emptive ticked, it worked like a charm, but my speeds suffered. Turbo mode on or off had no effect. Even with WiFi Calling Off I was still having issues. 

Yesterday, after going through my phone settings I noticed I had Data Roaming off. This forced everything through WiFi according to the description. I turned Roaming on and did not have any more issues (Turbo Mode On, Reactive Algorithm, WiFi Calling Off, Roaming On).

The Netduma has a known bug with the Reactive Algorithm and WiFi Calling.

Thank you both for your responses.

I'm not sure I need turbo mode since I have the Comcast Blast! package so I'll give that a shot. I think we're subscribed to 50 or 65 Mbps down but it can burst up over 100 depending on local utilization.

For reactive or pre-emptive, I usually have the upload and download sliders at 100% unless gaming. I don't see why the preemptive one should slow things down? Is that also a bug with the Netduma?

The Data roaming bit sounds odd. Data roaming (depending on your country) should just allow you to make use of other providers cell towers. I don't see why that should effect a WiFi function.

If I still have issues I'll guess I'll setup static IP addressing and port forwarding.

• Netduma Staff

Thank you both for your responses.

I'm not sure I need turbo mode since I have the Comcast Blast! package so I'll give that a shot. I think we're subscribed to 50 or 65 Mbps down but it can burst up over 100 depending on local utilization.

For reactive or pre-emptive, I usually have the upload and download sliders at 100% unless gaming. I don't see why the preemptive one should slow things down? Is that also a bug with the Netduma?

The Data roaming bit sounds odd. Data roaming (depending on your country) should just allow you to make use of other providers cell towers. I don't see why that should effect a WiFi function.

If I still have issues I'll guess I'll setup static IP addressing and port forwarding.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Let us know how you get on - Dead Pool is correct in that there is a known bug which occurs with Reactive and Wi-Fi calling. DumaOS should fix this issue thankfully. Using Pre-emptive should get rid of the bug, but obviously you would need to sacrifice some bandwidth speed for that so it's not ideal.With your speeds this should be find though, so let me know if you still get calling issues using Pre-emptive.