Another thing you can try is first setting your netduma up for the PPPoE connection then rebooting from the MISC page. Also while you're logged into the actiontec saving the bridge mode config are you waiting for the actiontec to return to the page you were previously on before backing out? Actiontec modems/routers can be a bit finicky on stuff like that. When we use them as rfc dhcp devices they're throw in and go easy but when we use them for small businesses and config static wan info I've seen dozens of techs overlook waiting for the page to return before backing out to test connectivity. If you do not wait for the page to reload and return and just shut down the gui page thinking "I hit apply so it's good" then it can actually fail to save the config you wanted. Soaybe you're thinking it's in bridge mode and you've set the Duma up for the PPPOE login but in all actuality the actiontec is still handing out private IP's from the original setup. I know it's frustrating but you will figure it out.

Ya tell me. Everything I've read on how to do it says it's simple but for some reason I can't get it to work. I am going to try a different modem/router the Actiontec Q1000 maybe it will work. If it don't I may just go find a DSL modem somewhere.

Oh, I did that too. I set up my credentials on the Duma but after I did that I couldn't access the Actiontec C1000A menu

I wait until the router does its thing after I put it in bridge mode.

I have read of more than a few people having issues with getting the c1000a into bridge mode and after as well. It's not just you. Call you isp and request assistance for bridge mode. Or purchase a T2200a actiontec it can do bonded vdsl and ppoe and we've had zero issues with getting them into bridge. However, we do not use pppoe auth. 

So I went and got a netgear DM200 broadband high speed DSL modem. I fought all day to just get it to connect to the Internet it finally did. It has a modem mode which I enabled and not I can't get the netduma to connect with it. I put in my ISP credentials in the duma. Any suggestions??

So you have the new modem connected and have tested it with the laptop or something and it's online yet the Duma can't connect when it's plugged in?

That's strange. You must be missing something in your steps.

From net gears website you should be using the cm200 to sign in ppoe auth. Then the Duma will just be set to wan dhcp. Just rest the Duma to default and plug it in. Then your laptop into the duma.

Ya I had the netgear working online until I put it in modem only mode and tried to connect the duma. Then I tried to switch back when I couldn't do anything with the duma. I then reset the netgear and now I'm stuck trying to access the Internet with the netgear again. Guess my internet is goofy. My ISP says all is good going into the house but I have issues connecting with other routers etc.

Success!!!!! Thank you so much for everything!! I truly do appreciate everything. :)

• Administrators

Awesome to hear you got it sorted! Thanks p00p.

Not sure what your speeds are but double check everything:

• Preemptive (under 60mbps) or Reactive Algorithm (over 60mbps)
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode (over ~120mbps)
  • Enable super turbo mode (over ~300mbps)
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

There can be speed loss when using PPPoE though which might be what you're experiencing.

1. Make sure you're testing speed with a quiet network.

2. Check and double check your settings with FFraser ' guides.

3. Play around with it.

4. Reactive may suit you better even though preemptive is the rulenof thumb. You never know at those "in between" speeds. ie; 30-70Mbps

5. Double check your filter isn't enabled while testing speeds. By default it will be on when you add your ps4/xbox to the filter.

You got it working! Way to hang in there, it's well worth the effort.

Thank you much!! :) it's been challenging and I'm learning alot. I think my next obstacle is opening up my NAT on multiple gaming systems. That netgear didn't have a DMZ but I did set what I could to "open" but my systems still say "moderate" in cod and the systems themselves says type 2 so I still can't complain. I do really appreciate everything both of you did. I couldn't have done it without your help and experience.

Here's the delay with that. Due to port forwarding in its basic format. You are asking an outside address to forward packets thru a single port say 3074 for CoD on ps4. If that port is opened  for any one device then it cannot be forwarded to another device at the same time. Not in basic form. I believe in the near future you will have options to manually say ok netduma when I turn on 192.168.88.112 (ps4-1) and it requests port 3074 internally, use port 3174 externally and then 192.168.88.113 (ps4-2) later asks for 3074 or at the same time then use 3175.... so on and so forth. But in order for this to work 3074 has to be blocked externally or the other requests will see it as used externally and you will end up moderate. 

On your current set up, with UPnP in use, the first ip address to request 3074 wins. The fix for me, for now, if I require open nat in game on a different system is to clear UPnP forwards by turning it off then back on. Then booting the desired system first. Every system there after will be moderate.

On the other hand if you have 1 ps4 and 1 xbone and 1 pc. I believe you can use say 3074 for ps4, 3075 for xbone and 3076 for pc... at least on CoD. You'll need to disable UPnP and manually forward them to the particular devices IP which I would set a dhcp lease so it remains the same IP. Also do some research and see what ports are absolutely needed for each device and it's network, ie; psn, xbox live, steam etc...