Feature for DumaOS request - Bandwith prioritization

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere but I couldn't see it. Hopefully I can describe the feature too as the title isn't very clear.

We have ALOT of wireless devices in our house (near 30) and once connected to the Netduma it means under 'congestion control/device Prioritisation' each device will have a around a figure of 3% (for bandwith) or so next to it. For some devices I want a higher figure than this for downloading for example but the downside to this means the bandwidth figure goes lower for the rest of the devices.

When i'm not dowloading i'd like to give these other devices more bandwidth but they are stuck on this smaller number unless i manually change it or load a different profile.

Are there plans or would it be possible to impliment something so that the lesser bandwith hungry devices can use more bandwidth if they need to providing it's available to them without having to go in and change numbers or profiles.

The netduma is a fantastic product compared to the many routers i've owned in the past and it would be great to have this feature given that more and more wireless devices are being used in the home. :)

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum! That feature exists in a way already; share excess being ticked means that devices which have been allocated more bandwidth will give bandwidth they aren't using to the other devices, meaning there's a lot more sharing going on. Share excess means that even devices which have been allocated a small number can recieve more bandwidth than they have been given, just so long as other devices with more priority aren't using it.

That being said, the congestion control will be amazing on DumaOS, and we've got tonnes of new features lined up for it. Maybe the feature we need is the ability to see how much bandwidth is being used while on the congestion control screen? Either way, thank you for your suggestion! :)

Archived