Wifi devices reconnected, but not hardwired PS4 DNS error

So, I was messing with the settings trying to optimize the Netduma for my connection.  In the process the Netduma all of a sudden wouldn't let any devices connect.  I tried a reboot via the Netduma interface and that gave me a message to contact support.  Since then I disconnected the cable modem box and everything reconnected fine, BUT my PS4 won't connect via the hardwired connection.  I now have my PS4 turned completely off going to turn it back on and hope that it works.  A simple restart of the PS4 didn't solve the issue.  I also tried to delete it from the Netduma interface, but says you can't since the device is in use.  

Tips?

So, I was messing with the settings trying to optimize the Netduma for my connection.  In the process the Netduma all of a sudden wouldn't let any devices connect.  I tried a reboot via the Netduma interface and that gave me a message to contact support.  Since then I disconnected the cable modem box and everything reconnected fine, BUT my PS4 won't connect via the hardwired connection.  I now have my PS4 turned completely off going to turn it back on and hope that it works.  A simple restart of the PS4 didn't solve the issue.  I also tried to delete it from the Netduma interface, but says you can't since the device is in use.  

Tips?

I tried a brand new connection via hardwired connection and it would connect, but wouldn't give me a nat type.  It would also connect via wireless, but the original connection and static ip I set up still won't work.

I tried a brand new connection via hardwired connection and it would connect, but wouldn't give me a nat type.  It would also connect via wireless, but the original connection and static ip I set up still won't work.

Ok, so I got it to work, but if the Geo-Filter is enabled when I try to connect the ps4 it won't work?  I unplugged the ethernet cable and got the original PS4 device deleted then re-added it and rebooted as the instructions state.  Ran connection test, BOOM! WORKED! I then starting checking my setting clicked enable on Geo-Filter retried my connection and then it wouldn't connect again?!? Unclicked Geo-Filter tried again and worked...So what is causing this?

Starting to freak me out, won't let me connect to Black Ops 3 servers with Geo-Filter enabled.  I have to have it unchecked to even start the game then I can enable Geo-Filter.  This all started when I originally was trying different DNS numbers and switched to "enable" auto for the Netduma to set my DNS numbers.  It also seemed like my Geo-filter wasn't working I was put into one of the highest ping games I have ever played (had ping assist at 25 and my Geo-Filter down to 250 miles and strict mode off).

I think through reading the wikis I have it down...I think it is actually working how it is suppose to and before I didn't have it setup or it was working correctly. Is it normal for the BO3 servers to kick you out if your filters are too low I.E. my ping assist and Geo-Filter distance? I also was able through the wiki to get friends added to my allow list.

• Administrators

Hey, firstly great to see that you're updating us as and when you have tried different things. That is very helpful, thank you.

The Geo-filter shouldn't be kicking you out of games, nor should it be preventing you from getting an open NAT type. Go to settings > miscellaneous and ensure auto & bleeding edge cloud are ticked and applied. If they are already then click apply to reflush the cloud. 

You should also be using the PSN service on the Geo-filter and not port numbers like 3074 for example.

Archived