HOW TO SETUP PC WITH NETDUMA

hi and thank you in advance for help any one can give me so im getting a pc for gaming and i want to know  what are the setting i should have on are off on the netduma are is it better to just plug my pc to my other router since my setup is my MODEM,then my NETGEAR router, and then the NETDUMA which i use for my xbox one and ps4 because i noticed that on the host filtering page when i go to select a service i dont see pc or what do i choose that why i was wondering if i should just plug my pc to my netgear are could the netduma work better and what setting would i have to choose on the select service and what to have on and off 

• Administrators

First of all your current setup is not able to make use of the duma congestion control which is a major feature. So I would recommend this setup firstly modem > netduma (wifi off) > netgear (AP mode) > wireless devices. That way you can make full use of congestion control. 

Secondly, for PC gaming just choose your PC and select Xbox live as the service.

ok and for the set up that you recommend will i have to input an thing manually in to the netduma are would i just plug them that way and ready to go  whats ( AP mode on the netgear i want to know how to set it up that way. because the way i have right now it was easy and even this way i had a hared time to finally understand it so if i could get a step by step guide to set it up this way it would really be helpful thank you one thing i think it would really be helpful for people like me that are new to all this and not that tech knowledgeable is if you had step by step guides on setup that way people could just look up the setup they want    

• Administrators

You just need to put your existing speeds into the duma and allow it to set up which is probably what you've done already. Then when gaming/there is heavy use of the internet set anti-flood to 70/70. 

I'm not sure exactly where AP (access point) mode will be located so you will have to search your specific Netgear model in order to find where the option is located. It will mean that it will just work for all WiFi devices, anything you want plugged in you would do directly to the duma. 

so i was reading a form an one guy was saying to have Enable deep packet processing if your going to be gaming on a pc is this right and this is the kind of things i need to know  and than again thats why a step by step guide would be great to know what to have enable and what not . I know the duma staff is small are at least thats what i understand but you huys should make some videos on setup guides because i mostly see other people doing them mostly on consoles and im not just saying this for me im saying it for everyone that buys a duma and that are not the knowledgeable  with how to setting them up with what ever there going to be use them with consoles or PC i feel that this is one of the big reasons why a lot of people feel frustrated when it comes to the duma  we have to go look around online for are own answers 

Fraser ive been trying to setup the duma the way you said but than i get no ethernet its 7:23 in the afternoon and ive been looking around the web on how to coonect it and no luck if you could do a one on one with me to set this up and if not i have no use for this and i would like my money back please its been notthing but headaches with this product never really been pleased with it today as many other days to much time spend since the morning till now im done unless you could help me to get it setup and real see the power of the porduct i would want my money back thank you and ill be on tomorrow in the morning to at 8:00 so if we could talk than i would be happy 

• Administrators

Deep packet processing is only required for some PC games that are supported by host analysis. I assumed you probably will not be playing those games e.g. LoL, Dota etc. In which case it is not required to be on. 

You won't need the R1 in the DMZ of the Netgear as the R1 will be directly connected to the modem and then the Netgear connected to the R1.

The modem will just pass internet straight through to the duma but if for some reason you do not connect to the internet just power off both your modem and your NETDUMA. Power up the modem and after one minute, power up the NETDUMA.

How to setup AP mode for your Netgear: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/744689/Netgear-R6300v2.html?page=100#manualkeep in mind you'll only be able to connect wireless devices to the Netgear, wired devices should be connected to the R1.

I won't be able to do a 1 on 1 to set it up if you won't have internet, though the above instructions should get you sorted without issue.

ok am going to give it a try again  but when i connect the netduma to the modem will i have to put anything in the netduma manually are will it just configure its self . And if i do have to put some information in the netduma can you tell me what and where please  

Fraser i think im getting closer to figuring out how to connect this whole thing which makes me happy .But here is where i ran into a bit of some trouble my netgear when i put it in AP mode do i do that before i plug the netdum to my modem or after because i wasn't able to access my netgear after the netduma was pluged to the modem first .I got internet on the netduma which means am getting close to completeing the setup i know where to find ap mode now on the netgear so thanks for that but im just not able to access the netgear after the its not the main router any more so if you could help thanks again for the help 

• Administrators

ok am going to give it a try again  but when i connect the netduma to the modem will i have to put anything in the netduma manually are will it just configure its self . And if i do have to put some information in the netduma can you tell me what and where please  

If you get internet through the R1 when connected to the modem then no you won't need to do anything.

Fraser i think im getting closer to figuring out how to connect this whole thing which makes me happy .But here is where i ran into a bit of some trouble my netgear when i put it in AP mode do i do that before i plug the netdum to my modem or after because i wasn't able to access my netgear after the netduma was pluged to the modem first .I got internet on the netduma which means am getting close to completeing the setup i know where to find ap mode now on the netgear so thanks for that but im just not able to access the netgear after the its not the main router any more so if you could help thanks again for the help 

Everything should be unplugged from each other. Plug the R1 into the modem, check you have internet. Then connect the Netgear to the duma. Ensure you have internet wired. Then change to AP mode, then you will need to connect to the Netgear wireless to ensure you have internet access. You will not be able to access the Netgear interface from any device connected to the duma, only wireless devices connected to the Netgear. It's also possible that the address to access the interface after being put in AP mode has changed, try 10.0.0.1

Archived