Settings > DHCP Lease doesn't work

My setup:

post-168-0-89750400-1419354246_thumb.png

however, rebooting the router (manually) and "ipconfig /release" "ipconfig /renew" isn't doing anything, IP addresses haven't been reallocated.

The trick here is to restart the DHCP server when you change one of these settings.

I will try fix asap, but my experience with the DHCP is it does a good job of assigning same IPs to same device. 

true, but my house is pretty specific about  which IP goes with what:

File Server = 192.168.1.50 (so i can diagnose issues)

Mac Mini = 192.168.1.55 (plex media client, need to VNC in sometimes)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure, it sounds like a definite bug I'll look into it after geo-filter reporting 2. I'll try address all bugs in that patch. Then we're onto improvements :) 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok I've looked back at this section. It is working as intended, you can't change the lease of a computer till it decides to renew it. Which in most of these cases is 12 hours. If you assign a computer a host number, go to the DHCP settings and renew the lease. You'll see it change to the one you assigned. 

Ok I've looked back at this section. It is working as intended, you can't change the lease of a computer till it decides to renew it. Which in most of these cases is 12 hours. If you assign a computer a host number, go to the DHCP settings and renew the lease. You'll see it change to the one you assigned. 

I have my lease time set to 1 Hour in (DHCP)...In DHCP Lease I have three devices set to static...

None of those 3 devices have taken their DHCP Lease IP for over 3 days now.

nope, I have anything and everything in my network:

- Windows 8 x64

- MacBook Pro 13" Yosemite

- MacBook Pro 15" Yosemite

- iPhone 6

- iPhone 6

- iPhone 5 (test phone)

- Harmony Unity Hub (embedded unix system)

- Arduino Wifi

- Mac Mini Yosemite

- iPad

- Synology DS1512+ (Unix based OS)

Windows:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Mac OS X

sudo ifconfig en1 down
sudo ifconfig en1 up

Archived