Random NATs on multiple consoles

I am looking for some help. We are big gamers in my house and things are driving me nuts cause whenever I turn on my consoles I never know what my NAT is going to be sometimes its open sometimes its moderate and sometimes its even strict. We have one playstation 4 , two x box 360s and two x box 1s. 

Playstation 4 , one Xbox 360 and one Xbox 1 are hard wired the other 360 and 1 is on the netduma wireless network. The consoles I am mainly having problems with are the hard wired consoles. I have tried to just use upnp like is suggested because the router should open all ports needed for all consoles when this is active is my understanding. please correct me if im wrong about any of this I wanna learn. Ive also tried to do do Port Forwarding as well. I keep getting the same results. Usually when i hard booted console and reboot my router/ modem I will get an Open nat but that is a pain in the ass to do everytime someone turns on a console in our house. If anyone has any advice or has dealt with this themselves please let me know. This is driving me nuts I just want to have an Open NAT on any console when I choose to play on it and turn it on. Ive also disabled Geo Filter while loading up games as was mentioned but that was not helping at all.

I consider myself fairly educated on the subject at hand so if there is any information, logs or settings that I can furnish to help please let me know. Thank you so much for your time and response

Joey

I am looking for some help. We are big gamers in my house and things are driving me nuts cause whenever I turn on my consoles I never know what my NAT is going to be sometimes its open sometimes its moderate and sometimes its even strict. We have one playstation 4 , two x box 360s and two x box 1s. 

Playstation 4 , one Xbox 360 and one Xbox 1 are hard wired the other 360 and 1 is on the netduma wireless network. The consoles I am mainly having problems with are the hard wired consoles. I have tried to just use upnp like is suggested because the router should open all ports needed for all consoles when this is active is my understanding. please correct me if im wrong about any of this I wanna learn. Ive also tried to do do Port Forwarding as well. I keep getting the same results. Usually when i hard booted console and reboot my router/ modem I will get an Open nat but that is a pain in the ass to do everytime someone turns on a console in our house. If anyone has any advice or has dealt with this themselves please let me know. This is driving me nuts I just want to have an Open NAT on any console when I choose to play on it and turn it on. Ive also disabled Geo Filter while loading up games as was mentioned but that was not helping at all.

I consider myself fairly educated on the subject at hand so if there is any information, logs or settings that I can furnish to help please let me know. Thank you so much for your time and response

Joey

Try giving all your comsoles static ip's, also do you use DMZ.

I do not use a DMZ because I am only using the Netduma. My other router was in need of a major upgrade and that is when I bought the Netduma. I will  setup a Static IP address on all consoles. and see if that works. That is something I actually have not done yet because one of each xbox are in my room mates room. Thank you for your reply

Joey

Oh i guess one more question about the previous suggestion. Should i give static IP addresses to my wireless devices as well or just hard wired consoles?

I give all my devices Wired and Wireless so then there is no waya device can get a different IP, this might be whats happening to you.

I am in the process of setting up statics for all gaming console. For some reason when I go to device manager on my netduma its now showing two seperate IP addresses for my computer. just seems strange is this normal?

after giving all consoles static IP address do you suggest manually port forwarding or using UPNP feature of the netduma router for best results?

UPNP should ne fine , the reason you have 2 IP's is one is for when your connected wireless and the other is for when you are connected wired.  

Make sure you have Enable UPNP Forwarding checked:

f04e248257.jpg

And UPNP:

10d062bec5.jpg

When your gaming go to the UPNP section in the Duma and it will show the ports its using.

Archived