Windows 10 open nat with odd resuluts

KindaBusted

I'm using Xbox on Win 10 and have been for awhile now.

I play Killer Instinct on Win 10 and use the Xbox app for party chat while streaming.

A few weeks back I was having trouble connecting to Xbox using the app.

I realized that NAT was restricted/strict.

Long story short I decided to use port 3074(XBL) for my PC.

^Made a video so others could Open Nat on Win 10 because of the upcoming Win 10 cross play games.

Sense then I've seen an odd result. Hence this post.

Simply put the host filter has lots of circles almost all the time coming from all over the world.

Everything is working fine on my Xbox app, Killer Instinct and Win 10 in general.

The ? is why am I seeing so many servers all the time?

If I use the host filter (it seems to be working right) could there be some adverse effect going on in the background?

Also with the Win 10 adding more cross play games I figured that I may wanna point this out so it could be tested before new firmware.

Right now it's really hard to tell witch circles your actually connecting to because no matter what there are circles on the map.

I hope I explained that well enough.

-Side note if your Nat is not Cone/Open on Win 10 you'll just see the normal servers you connect to.

If you need any more info feel free to ask.

Thanks Duma Army :)

Thanks for the complement :)

I don't think I was clear enough on the issue.

The Host Filter picks up circles from just booting into Windows 10. When you have cone/open Nat.

It even pings hosts without being in a game or on the Xbox app.

When playing it works right yet the other circles still pop.

The map get cluttered and hard to tell exactly where your connecting to.

With Xbox Play Anywhere games coming I figured it may end up an issues for Duma owners.

In Killer Instinct witch most of the time is just 1 on 1 can be hard to tell exactly where a host is.

I can see this being an issue with games like Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 where you connect to multiple people.

I think it might be a good idea to get a cheap Windows 10 Pc to test with while working on the new firmware.

I would also be glad to provide anything I find while playing on Windows 10.

Thanks for your time!

Archived