superhub 2ac and netduma set up

Hi, typing on behalf of superoo who didnt get his email confirmation for some reason. So i hope someone could point me/him in the right direction. Not very technical so bare with me,

Purchased netduma with latest firmware,connected to superhub2ac per instructions!!!! Put superhub into modem mode. No internet at all on xbox1 or laptop. Restarted several times, added devices, set speeds, still no connection. Is there something we are not doing right? Is the netduma compatible?

Thanks......

• Netduma Staff

Hi, typing on behalf of superoo who didnt get his email confirmation for some reason. So i hope someone could point me/him in the right direction. Not very technical so bare with me,

Purchased netduma with latest firmware,connected to superhub2ac per instructions!!!! Put superhub into modem mode. No internet at all on xbox1 or laptop. Restarted several times, added devices, set speeds, still no connection. Is there something we are not doing right? Is the netduma compatible?

Thanks......

Does it work if the Superhub is not in modem mode? If it is in modem mode would it require you to enter PPoE details?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Harissa,

I assume you mean the Virgin superhub.

The Ethernet needs to connect to a specfic port of the virgin superhub. If you look at the back one will say modem mode or have a different colour. Does that help? 

Hi, thanks for responding.

1. No internet in normal mode, after virgin reset the superhub to normal, as we were unable to get that done through the superhub webpage. They said something went wrong when superhub went into modem mode.

2. and the red ethenet lead was pluged into the #1 port (modem mode) port.

We are a bit of new to this....so basically just couldnt get any internet through the router,superhub?

Regards.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, thanks for responding.

1. No internet in normal mode, after virgin reset the superhub to normal, as we were unable to get that done through the superhub webpage. They said something went wrong when superhub went into modem mode.

2. and the red ethenet lead was pluged into the #1 port (modem mode) port.

We are a bit of new to this....so basically just couldnt get any internet through the router,superhub?

Regards.

Is it working now or not? :)

• Netduma Staff

No nothing,disconnected the net duma,cant make it work,working through superhub 2only....

This post can be disregarded as I misunderstood his post - I thought he meant the Superhub also isn't working :|

Oh dear. Are all the cables definitely plugged in? Did you change any settings that you need to re-enter. On the router do you need to re-enter the username and password for the line or does the router do that automatically? If you haven't already, maybe you could ring your ISP?

Yeah its all working as normal on super hub2,we have removed the duma,but just cant get it to work at the moment,everything is connected fine just no internet when its connected altogether,oh well not much i can do.

Maybe its not compatible with superhub2 ac.

• Netduma Staff

Yeah its all working as normal on super hub2,we have removed the duma,but just cant get it to work at the moment,everything is connected fine just no internet when its connected altogether,oh well not much i can do.

Maybe its not compatible with superhub2 ac.

Oh right, I see. I thought in your previous post you meant you had no internet through the super hub as well.

I think the Netduma is compatible and I'm sure that there will be a solution. When it is in normal mode can you check to make sure you are plugging the super hub into port 1 of the Netduma (the POE port)? Is there any internet at all through any computers connected to the Netduma? Don't worry though, I'm sure it will get working with a solution; just need to work out why it isn't working now :)

Morning,

thanks for responses. I will try to put the superhub2ac into the modem mode first not being connected to the netduma. Than connect it to netduma. Yesterday we couldnot get superhub 2ac out of modem mode, so possible that SH2ac got slightly ''confused'' having other rooter plugged into it. I will let you know how it goes later today. Would love to get it to work though, tired of all the lag. Harrisa

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Harissa,

Sorry for slow response, we normally respond to threads at 10am. But had a meeting scheduled at same time. 

I believe Luke is helping you at the moment, is that correct? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

You do not need modem mode, since you're having a bit of trouble I suggest not using modem mode for now. It can work in router mode just as well. 

Hi, thanks, I have spoken to luke, we tried several setups. ND-NetDuma, SH2ac-Superhub2ac.

1. with ND connected to SH2ac(normal mode, port 4), laptop wired and xbox1 wired to ND: xbox1 (strict), laptop no internet.

2. with ND connected to SH2ac(normal mode, port 4), laptop ND wifi and xbox1 wired to ND: xbox1 (strict), laptop no internet (r1 no internet but connected, ND interface is on, no google)

Destiny, kicked with marionberry fault.

Unplugged devices, turned them off, still the same

all devices work if wired directly to SH2ac.

Regards

H

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok so if I understand correctly you've disabled modem mode right?

If so then make sure you connect "Port 1 of the Netduma" to "Port 4" of the SH2ac.

Then connect your laptop and xbox wired to port 2 and port 3 of the Netduma.

Do you get Internet access when you do that? 

Thanks for the patience 

Hi Iain,

talking to virgin right now (starting to pull my hair), they say it should work with SH2ac, just speed will decrease.

virgin cuts us off :-) again...

I connected as you suggested, sh2ac normal mode, connected to ND( not using modem mode port on sh2ac), I get strict on xbox1, no connection on laptop.

This what I will try to do a bit later ( have to get back to work for now), i will put sh2ac into modem mode first, then wire ND, XBOX1 and laptop to ND.

Unplug 2 rooters, turn off xbox and laptop to reset.

Restart rooters and turn on the rest...

Keep you posted..

H

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Harissa,

Don't worry we are nearly there. I recommend NOT going into modem mode just yet. From what I gather the xbox has a connection its just strict. Thats fine we can fix that later.

So the laptop does not have connection? If so I assume its wired right? If that is the case I assume you must have given it a static IP address. What exactly is the error the laptop gives?

Cheers

Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok Harissa so you have modem mode now right?

So I think I know what the issue is, can you try connect the R1(port 1) into the modem port on the SH2ac. Then connect the xbox to port 2 on the R1. Does the xbox get Internet access? Ignore the NAT type we can fix that later.

Also can you access the R1 interface when connected to the modem and go to the "Device Manager" page, what does it say the "WAN IP" is ? 

Back to normal mode.

R1 is plugged in p2 of SH2ac.

Xbox in ND p5

laptop in ND p4.

xbox strict, detailed network shows no dowload no upload.

laptop can ONLY access ND interface. WAN ip shows xbox ip and laptop ip addresses.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok I see, at the top of the "Device Manager" page though does it have some text that says "WAN IP: x.x.x.x" where the x.x.x.x could be 1.2.3.4? 

Wan ip: no numbers

then shows cloud with router , up down speeds and 2 plugged in devices with their ip addresses. That is all...

I will try connecting ND to another router, lukely i hv sky and bt in the same place. But virgin is only for gaming. Other NDs work from what i read, mine doesnot :-(. Odd......

Guest Netduma_Iain

it will definitely work, there is no reason it shouldn't to be honest. So for some reason its not getting a WAN IP from the modem.

What I suggest you do is this:

• Switch off the modem and the netduma
  • Plug port 1 of Netduma into modem port of Virgin
  • Turn on virgin modem and wait 1 min
  • Turn on Netduma and wait 1 min
  • Then connect to Netduma interface using port 3 of Netduma and let me know what the WAN IP number is. Hopefully it will now appear

Archived