Occasional slow response from R1 opening webpages

FQs19

Hi Iain, you asked me to start a new topic about the slow response i've had on the R1 loading the control panel webpages.

My setup:

Modem Surfboard SB6183 > Router Asus RT-AC87U > R1 > Xbox1, PS4, Xbox360

-all wired 

-Open NAT on all consoles

-using wireless Macbook to access R1

-Firmware 1.03.3

-Comcast ISP with 125Mbps down and 12Mbps up

-applied Cloud settings multiple times

So when I was playing on the Xbox360, the R1 was taking a while to respond on the Host Filtering page and the Device manager page.

I tried restarting the R1, Macbook, and console. Nothing seemed to help. 

I eventually disabled the other services so that the Xbox360 was the only one enabled. 

That seemed to work.

Right now the R1 is responding perfectly but I'm not playing any console.  

I'm attaching some screenshots so you guys could verify my setup. 

Hopefully it was just a one day hiccup.

I'm also being connected to Dedicated servers outside of my geo-filter with pings more then double the ping value i set in the ping assist.

Yes I have Strict Mode un-ticked, but I thought that only meant I could connect to dedicated servers with Pings lower then the set ping assist value.

• Netduma Staff

I'm also being connected to Dedicated servers outside of my geo-filter with pings more then double the ping value i set in the ping assist.

Yes I have Strict Mode un-ticked, but I thought that only meant I could connect to dedicated servers with Pings lower then the set ping assist value.

Having strict mode disabled means that you can connect to any dedicated server even if it is outside of your GeoFilter.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Cj,

Thanks for starting the thread as Crossy mentioned we recommend having strict mode on. With it off you can connect to servers outside your area.

From glancing at your setup I assume you are trying to connect to the R1 interface from devices connected on the Asus. Unfortunately we do not support that, you are meant to access it from the LAN side. I added it for some people. I'll look into why its slow when I get time but since its not actually supported it won't be my top priority I'm afraid.

Thank you for taking a look at my setup. 

Yes I am connecting to the R1 through my Asus.

And I agree it's not a top priority since it's actually working correctly at the moment and i can always just connect to the R1's wifi or lan.

For the Strict Mode though, I was under the assumption that if it was ticked on, I would Only connect to both P2P and Dedis in my geo-filter.

And with it ticked off I would connect to P2P or Dedis in my geo-filter but would also connect to any Dedi having a ping value less than the Ping Assist.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers ok the logic is this mate:

- Anything below ping assist that the router see's is allowed through

- If strict mode is off then it can connect to ANY dedicated server even ones outside the filter

- If stirct mode is on then it cannot connect to ANY dedicated servers outside of the filter UNLESS its a ping assisted host :)

Archived