Something that does not leave my mind - a netduma network

roads

I wonder if there is enough Netdumas sold but maybe even right now, would it be possible to choose a game and a play mode for example the latest COD and FFA and have the Netduma "host" gameplay. Only one game and one game mode would be important so there is enough players to choose from. Dunno if it makes sense or if it is an advantage but maybe a network of Netdumas could reduce lag to a minimum by only allowing netdumas to connect to each other?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Roads,

No that won't make a difference really. It actually sounds like the marketing line many companies use "Gaming Network",  reality is the underlying network is the Internet so you'll still get the same issues even if you have overlay network.

OK now here it is another idea. I can not live with the fact that we have a fleet of Dumas out there that the Duma trainers can make do stuff. Would it be possible to play over network setting? I remember this was possible on Xbox 1 over another service.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I think you're talking about xbox connect. I never looked into the details of that but I assume it was VPN network so it looked like you were on the same LAN when you were actually on the Internet. That is in theory possible but you'll still get the latency you get with the normal Internet. 

Maybe a Netduma router social network lol! 

Guest Netduma_Iain

heh the only reason I can think you'd want VPN LAN simulation is if the game does not support Xbl, PSN like Halo 1 or like you said the servers were down. It won't make gameplay smoother

Archived