Dedicated Servers

To avoid a certain dedicated server, the only way possible is to reduce your geo filter (or just move your geo filter) and not include the server in your geo filter.  You will also have to reduce your ping assist to 0 because if not, you will still connect to the server you trying to avoid even if the server is NOT in your geo filter radius.

Thanks for the help guys, I understand you can't block them now, but I'm looking for improvements for the futer if it's possible. My problem with reducing the geo filter and ping assist beyond the dedi is that I can't find lobbies.

If your playing Advanced Warfare, we all wish we can go back to P2P.  Since the COD community was crying for more dedicated servers, the developers gave us more servers but in return, it plays worse than P2P.  The only reason P2P wasn't working was because of SBMM and who we were being paired up with.  When the R1 was introduced, it was the most amazing product EVER!  It still is in fact, but because the developers are making most games funnel thru a dedi server, it's making game play more difficult.  It's only recently have I noticed P2P play....again, but it's not that frequent.  IMO....Xbox (at the moment for me) is playing horrible compared to the PS network.  I'm from Hawaii and the Xbox Live service is currently making me connect to a dedi server out in Seattle Washington.  The PS network funnels my game play thru a dedi server in California.  Go figure!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi pr0minence, that is just how the game works. People asked for dedicated servers and apparently you have them. 

Thanks for the help guys, I understand you can't block them now, but I'm looking for improvements for the futer if it's possible. My problem with reducing the geo filter and ping assist beyond the dedi is that I can't find lobbies.

I don't know if this will help, but it's something I discovered when playing around with the Geo.  

I live on the West Coast, near Seattle.  There are dedi's here, but they are pointed at AW and not at Blops II, which is what I play.  I set my Geo-Filter around the dedi (??) orverflow server maybe? location in Eastern Washington and keep the ping assist low (>28ms) when there are a lot of players online.  This last weekend there were over 108K players and I was able to connect, and stay, in the dedis within my Geo-filter for several games in a row without issue, even if I changed lobbies.  It did occasionally take a bit to get in a lobby, but once I did, staying there was extremely beneficial.  It doesn't always work, but when it does work it's a beautiful thing.  

Hope that helps - but I am sure Iain and the crew will be by shortly with feedback.

JD

I have the same issue. I'm in FL near Orlando, and it puts me in the Atlanta server almost all the time, but the game play like shit when I'm connected, even tho the Ping is roughly 40 and not jittery. If I shrink the filter, I can't get a game or stay in a lobby. Not seeing a benefit right now.

Guest Netduma_Iain

If you disable it you will get hosts outside your filter which are worse. You can't force a host where you want it I'm afraid that is how the game is designed. 

I have the same issue. I'm in FL near Orlando, and it puts me in the Atlanta server almost all the time, but the game play like shit when I'm connected, even tho the Ping is roughly 40 and not jittery. If I shrink the filter, I can't get a game or stay in a lobby. Not seeing a benefit right now.

All COD AW players are having this issue.  We all cried the need for dedicated servers (before the R1 arrival) thinking this would solve all our lag issue.  Little did we know, it made things worse.  If every COD AW player had a Netduma R1, I GUARANTEE they would cry for P2P play, and to get rid of the dedicated servers.  Maybe we should cry for P2P play, it would save the makers of COD some money and make their pockets MORE DEEP!  LOL

as they say, "SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE OIL"

Archived