Not all players show on geo filter

jason1077

what game?

if its a dedicated server like in BF4 then you will only see the server, no one else

it could also be because of ping assist, people from outside your region filter do make it into the game because their ping is low enough

it could also be because you havent ticked the box "strict mode", if it isnt ticked then the router lets people from outside the region filter into your games so the search process doesnt take so long, they dont show up on the map then, only for a second or two

• Netduma Staff

what game?

if its a dedicated server like in BF4 then you will only see the server, no one else

it could also be because of ping assist, people from outside your region filter do make it into the game because their ping is low enough

it could also be because you havent ticked the box "strict mode", if it isnt ticked then the router lets people from outside the region filter into your games so the search process doesnt take so long, they dont show up on the map then, only for a second or two

For as long as you are connected to the player it will show up on the map regardless of how you connected to them so I don't think thats why he isn't seeing the full 12 people from his lobby :)

When in game ther is 12 players.

why doesn't geo filter show 12 players?

I don't play Battlefield but I'm sure Od1n might be correct that if you connect to a dedicated server then you only see the server. So he might have solved your issue if thats the game your playing :)

If your playing a game like Advanced Warfare then could if be that two circles are overlapping each other? Could you take a screen shot of the GeoFilter when you are in an actual game (not a pregame lobby) of when the GeoFilter isn't showing the correct number of players. Make sure to zoom all the way out as well when checking because as Od1n said, if you have connected via Ping assist or strict mode not been enabled then it might not be in your zoom area if you have zoomed in :)

When in game ther is 12 players.

why doesn't geo filter show 12 players?

Simple answer... the geo filter shows players who are hosting and dedis not everyone else , if we did the geo filter would just be a huge blob of color as theres so many players

• Netduma Staff

Simple answer... the geo filter shows players who are hosting and dedis not everyone else , if we did the geo filter would just be a huge blob of color as theres so many players

Hmmm. Doesn't peer ping show everyone in the lobby though? Also in private matches there is a always one circle for each person in my match.

what game?

Game is Advanced warfare.

Strict mode is ticked and PA is enabled.

If I disable PA and untick strict mode a bunch of dots appear within the distance filter and also appear outside of distance filter.

• Netduma Staff

Game is Advanced warfare.

Strict mode is ticked and PA is enabled.

If I disable PA and untick strict mode a bunch of dots appear within the distance filter and also appear outside of distance filter.

Thats because with Strict mode unticked you can connect to hosts which are outside of the GeoFIlter.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Jason,

Its often because either the player is blocked outside your geo-filter therefore you can't see him, he would have appeared as a yellow triangle at the start of the game OR quite often you either have two players on one console or people who live in very similar locations. Thats why the peer ping sometimes has more bars then circles. Hope that helps. 

Archived