R1 Control panel access over main routers wifi not R1 wifi???

I just received the R1 and I'm loving it already. 

I'm new to the forum and tried searching it to find a solution to my problem but couldn't.

My problem is that I can't seem to get to the R1 control panel over wifi. 

Now I'm talking about my main routers wifi not the R1's wifi.

My setup is this: Modem>Asus RT-AC87U with wifi on>NetdumaR1 DMZ'd from Asus with wifi off

Netduma R1 is running 1.03.3 firmware

I can get online with the R1 and everything works but I can only access the control panel if I connect through

ethernet to the R1. Once I switch to my Asus wifi, I can no longer access the R1 control panel. 

Now when I switch on the R1's wifi and I connect through that, I can access the control panel.

Is it possible to be able to use my Asus wifi to access the R1's control panel? 

I'd rather not have the R1's wifi on all the time.

Chris

• Netduma Staff

Yes it is!

First you need to upgrade, you can do that here :)

Then go to Settings >> Miscellaneous and enable "Access control panel from WAN".

Finally, of to device manager and note down the WAN IP in there.

You can type this into the address bar to connect to the R1 when you are not connected to the R1 Wifi :)

Thank you so much Crossy.

I already had 1.03.3 firmware, I just needed to check 'Access control panel from WAN'.

I was hesitant to check that since it said not recommended and I have the R1 DMZ'd.

• Netduma Staff

Thank you so much Crossy.

I already had 1.03.3 firmware, I just needed to check 'Access control panel from WAN'.

I was hesitant to check that since it said not recommended and I have the R1 DMZ'd.

Oh right, I see :) Well I'm glad it's all working for you now :) Just remember that if suddenly you can't access with that IP anymore to check that it hasn't changed changed  - look in the device manager to confirm, this :)

I'm thrilled to be one of the very first users of this router and amazed at the support you guys have with us.

Thank you again.

And I shouldn't have any trouble with the R1 changing it's IP since I have it's MAC address auto reserved to a static IP.

• Netduma Staff

I'm thrilled to be one of the very first users of this router and amazed at the support you guys have with us.

Thank you again.

And I shouldn't have any trouble with the R1 changing it's IP since I have it's MAC address auto reserved to a static IP.

Ahh, thats brilliant. The support here by everyone is great :) Nice community, no snobs like on some forums :D If you have any issues just make a thread, you'll ALWAYS have your problem solved and I 100% mean that. I don't know of a problem someone has had where it hasn't been fixed (maybe I can think of one but very rare). Support slightly slow this week because Netduma team is at the Gadget show but there are others who will try their best to help :) Glad your enjoying the router, hopefully you continue to do so!

Archived