Drop in speeds

Lyncho84

Hey everyone,recently received my R1 an connected it to my hub5 with bt I've noticed that speeds have dropped roughly 30d an 9up,can anyone tell me why plus my nat changed from open to moderate?

• Netduma Staff

To get on open NAT, follow the instructions here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat:)

To get the speeds up follow the instructions here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower

Also remember to test the internet connection speeds on a wired connection not a wireless connection.

Make sure that you congestion sliders are set to 100% when you run the speed test. I have BT infinity package and just use the R1 as my modem, 30 down 6 up 16 MS of ping. Had no problems.

Also do not trust what your console tells you your speeds are, use a computer to do the test wired. :)

i have the hh5 when i click on vpn it says you are using the old vpn setting it will still work but we recommend reconnecting to the vpn how do i do that anyone know cheers?

• Netduma Staff

i have the hh5 when i click on vpn it says you are using the old vpn setting it will still work but we recommend reconnecting to the vpn how do i do that anyone know cheers?

When you have an issue it's always best to start a new thread :) The answer to your particular issue though is that you just need to disable and re-enable the VPN so that you change to the new one.

• 2 weeks later...

hiiv had a big drop in spped im using hh5 to my r1 then to my pc and xbox one iv noticed the game play is not as good as it was im on bt infinity down load 52.71 up 17.48 straight from the hh5 when i plug the r1 in and do a test it drops to down 16.88 up 6.7 why is this thanks

Archived