Router not working in every way possible?

My router has been acting really weird lately in every way possible. At one point, i changed the settings to make bo3 a better experience and everything stopped working. I factory reset it and it was fine. Then again it acted weird, beeping, slow internet, disconnecting internet, no internet, and i factory reset it again. now again i have just slow internet and bad gaming experience. What am i supposed to do to try and fix this problem? do you think its within the router itself, or do you think this can be fixed with some settings changes? If it is the router, can it be replaced with a new one?

a cordless phone as in a cell phone or a house phone that is cordless? If you mean cell phone, I usually have my cell phone near it. If you mean house phone, we dont own one anymore. Yes, i have cookies enabled in settings, mostly because when i used to keep it off, It wouldnt save my routers settings when i tweaked it for my gaming  (Sadly, no matter what i do it doesnt help, but thats another topic we could get into later.) I just dont know what to do because no matter what i do, I'm constantly having problems. One problem is the router and gaming and then the other problem is that i have slow internet or bad internet to the point that it disconnects us off of our phones or tablets. Is there a solution to that?

I think you need to sort out your line first, you may need to contact your isp.

Are you wired to do you connect over wifi for gaming?

What are your upload and download speeds.

Try downloading ping plotter and running that for a few hours

when i game, its wired. everything else is wireless. my upload speed is a 0.50 and the download speed is 7 which sucks. what is ping plotter? do i download that off the internet?

where it says enter target name or ip enter 8.8.8.8 and hit enter. this will connect you to googles main server and begin pinging it.

Leave it for a few hours then have a look at the graph.

Whilst you are leaving it to run it is a good idea to have a read through the literature that comes with it to help you understand what features it has etc and how to interpret the information. Or google some help information on it.

.5 up and 7 down is more than enough to game with.

Under the file menu is a take picture option. you can do this and upload it here so that people may be able to see if you have any issues that are obvious etc.

Have you tried an Internet diagnosis using the R1 test on the user interface ?

Left hand column, internet diagnosis, click it and follow instructions. Then after it has run, click on I think more info.

But don't do that whilst pingplotter is running as it disconnects your internet.

Yes then open up photoshop or similar, file new and paste. then resize to about 1000 px wide and keep quality below 2 mb, around 200 k will be fine.

Im just heading on for a few games but will check back later to see how your getting on.

To upload pics here go to more options bottom right of text box you type into, then attach image and remember to also click add to post.

No that's good,

Right click on the graph and set it to 12 hours view or something similar so we can see if there are any spikes at certain times but it looks ok.

Have you been through the wiki on how to set things up?

Yeah thats not to bad,

how is your R1 set up?

Do you have another router or just use the R1

I just use the R1 from my modem.

I can only advise on that set up as thats what I use,

In your instance I would set speeds at what you get form speed test when congestion control is set to 100%.

Then based on that to help with buffer bloat I would set download to 70% and upload to between 80% and 90% as you don't have much upload.

Prememptive.

equal prioritisation for your devices and share excess ticked.

Add your console to the hyper traffic beneath the prioritisation flower.

I don't know where you live but set geo filter to around 1000KM and PA to 30ms

In settings Miscellaneous settings,

Enable deep packet

UPNPforwarding

and tick IPV6, and Cookies

Make sure both boxes are ticked under cloud settings and hit apply.

Give that a go. I am off to work shortly but will try and check to see how you are getting on.

Cheers.

I just hope that i can fix the problem with people getting disconnected off of the router. Because that is one of my main problems. When you get back on, do you know if theres a way that i could fix the problem where a couple of devices are getting kicked off? It happens mostly to my father and i cant seem to be able to fix that.

I'm afraid not but you could try a different wifi channel than the one you are on. It may be to congested.

If you have wifi workaround ticked, try unticking it

Archived