When playing with friends, they complain about lag...

??

Were you sharing with the group?  Or was there a question in there?

When playing with a group, if you are the host, then the NetDuma will be doing it's best to give you games with a low ping TO YOU.  If your friends have a 40ms round trip from their network, to you, and then you join a game that is also a 40ms round trip, they are going to have about 80ms of lag versus your 40ms.  

Thus their "perceived" lag is in line with how networking and cables run.

I guess that really depends on where they are all connecting from to get the party going.

I live in the US, outside of Seattle.  When I would game with the Good Reverend Bagsta, a fine member here, I would join his lobby and we would play on UK hosts.  This was obviously laggy as hell for me, but with lag comp and a shotgun, I could still do some work.

When I game with Fuzzy Clam, another member here, he lives a few states away from me, so we would set up on dedicated servers that were between us to kind of help balance the lag effects. 

It will never be perfect I am afraid, there is only so much you can do when the infrastructure is hundreds of thousands of miles of cables and fiber.  

That is why big tournaments are always played on LAN.  :P

One lives 10 minutes away, the other about 1 hour. They are very unhappy after I told them about your post and the MS...! Will just have to have Geo-filter off when partying, that's if they let me be host now!

Agree with JD...

I wouldn't turn the GF off kinda defeats the purpose of having the duma keeping everything local.And tell your friends to check their own connection,if there connection is bad and has gots tons of jitter or noise on the line their gaming will suffer.Ask them to run ping plotter on a quiet network at peak hours to see how stable their own ISP is.

Some ISP's are just more stable than others,I've had to switch to a dedicated gaming line because my original ISP (cable) had a ton of jitter on it and zero stability.So it might be your friends that have an issue with their ISP.

Archived