help with my setup please

Can anyone can help me out with my setup

I am on firmware version 1.03.6

My average speed tests are 72 mbps down and 7 mbps up if I'm connected to my netduma

My current setup is virgin super hub ac in router mode and the netduma connected to that then my xbox one connected to the duma with a CAT 6 cable

I have put the WAN IP from the duma in the virgin DMZ and followed your guide to set up for my speed

First of all I'm not very good with networking so give it to me in simple terms please lol.

So my problem is when I'm on COD black ops 3 I keep getting a moderate NAT type or strict and I have to reset both routers and then it goes open and the lag I get sometimes is unreal to say the least.

So my question is there a better way to set it up so I don't need to keep resetting everything all the time.

And does it matter that my IP range on my virgin router is 192.168.0.1 and the duma is 192.168.88.1

Thanks Dean

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would first put the super hub into modem mode & connect everything to the duma. 

Does the consoles network settings show the NAT as open? 

Ensure you don't have both UPnP & port forwarding done on the duma, use one or the other

Hi and thanks for your reply

I can't put my super hub in modem mode as the WiFi on the duma can't get upstairs and it's not 5g. As for the Nat type on my console sometimes it's open and overs strict or moderate and I only have UPnP enabled on the duma and not using port forwarding

• Administrators

Ahh I understand. In that case make sure R1 is in DMZ of super hub (double check WAN IP hasn't changed & is the same as what shows in the DMZ). Disable UPnP & port forwarding on the super hub itself. 

Set a static IP for your console in DHCP lease on the duma & manually port forward, turn off UPnP. You should definitely have an open NAT on console network settings.

Keep in mind with your setup you won't be able to use congestion control correctly as not all devices will be connected to the duma. 

Archived