NAT Type Moderate Connected to Cable Router

• Netduma Staff

My R1 is connected to a Motorola router provided by Comcast. The R1 had an open NAT type last week but become moderate since upgrading. What steps do I have to take to DMZ the R1?

Go to the device manager of the R1, note down the WAN IP.

Login to the Motorola router, then under either Firewall/Port forwarding or sometimes even on its own you will find DMZ.

Enter the number you noted down into the box. Click apply.

Restart the console you are testing the NAT on.

You might also want to assign the R1 a static IP from the Motorola router so that the IP doesn't change and you don't have to update the DMZ settings if it does.

• Netduma Staff

I have an open NAT type after following your directions but the only way I can join a party or chat is to turn the Geo Filter off. 

Not been able to join part is normal because if your friends are outside of the GeoFilter it will block them. If you add them to your allowed list this should be fixed.

When you try and join chat are there any exclamation marks? It could be that you are blocking a chat server. If there any exclamation marks, try adding it to your allowed list also. Maybe also give Iain the ID because it might be a server that needs to be whitelisted for chat.

Basically, when you are trying to join a private game with friends or chat, add the exclamation marks to your allowed list then you probably won't have to disable the GeoFilter to connect.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers CooledFlame

You should add friends to your allow list so you can play/talk with them even if they are outside your filter.

• Netduma Staff

You would have to be in a private match with them so it is only them in the game. The you could just add them all to your allowed list :) And yes there is a way to zoom in. Are you on the newer version? If you are, press the zoom button at the top of the page and click on the map where you would like to zoom.

Archived