Port resetting?

Guys I have an issue when I connect a small 6-8 port switch to the net Duma.

my DUMA is on the first floor. I have only one CAT5 cable going to floor 2 where my PS4 and streaming computer is. Because of this I connected a cisco 6 port switch to the cat5 cable from the DUMA to my PS4 and Computer. I can play and stream for a short while (5-10 minutes) however it seems that the DUMA port I am connected to resets (connection light goes out) I lose connection and then it returns after a short while. This will happen over and over. does the DUMA have a limitation on connection multiple devices on one port?

i thought it was the streaming so i stopped streaming and just the a ping (ping 4.2.2.2 -t) while i was playing and the ping will stop for a few seconds and then return or somethings the PS4 will lose connection for a few seconds and then return. I turned off Hyper lane as well.

any insight?

Hi Fraser, after some more testing it seems that i am right. however it only happens when the device that is being prioritized and another device is sharing the same port. the thing is that it also only happens when the second device that is not being prioritized places load on the port. to explain. i have both my PS4 and my streaming computer on the same DUMA port via a switch. when i start to upload a file to youtube from the computer while playing on the PS4 the DUMA port keeps shutting down.

Let me try a different switch.

Okay, I have tried this with 3 different switch of 3 different brands, I have also changed ports on both the DUMA and the switches. I have all but confirmed the DUMA port will go offline as stated for a short while.

Archived