IPv6 help.

I'm not very familar with IPv6, I deal with IPv4 at work as IPv6 is not yet used in the automation world. What are the major differences and how do they relate to gaming? My ISP supports IPv6, should I use it?

My ISP-Comcast- supports IPv6 as well. And I thought the Xbox One was built to prefer IPv6 over IPv4. So initially when I got the R1 I turned iPv6 on. But the on issue I have is that for some reason I can not get the maximum bandwidth that I signed up for from Comcast. I get about 2/3rd of what I am suppose to be receiving. So I just turned it off for now and have not had any issues.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I would recommend not using it unless you have to. Just my opinion. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Before people say it is broken(exhaustion) its not broken for a user if they have an IPv4 address.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around with the IPv6 and found out something I thought was odd. I too (like Buck) have Comcast Internet and noticed when I ran Comcast's speed test (speedtest.comcast.net) that there was a big difference in the upload speed of IPv4 vs. IPv6. What I found to bring my upload speed up to where it should be was that the distribution "flower" needed to be reset to give all the same percentage. I already had Share Excess ticked but it didn't seem to matter. FWIW, when I run a Detailed Test Connection on my XboxOne now it actually shows me having 123 down & 18 up (105/20 package). I know you can't rely on Xbox for accurate results but it's strange it actually reads HIGHER than my typical speed tests which usually avg upper 80's around midnight. Currently, I have the Duma hooked up to a surfboard modem and running the Nighthawk R700 in AP for the wireless

Guest Netduma Fraser

I've been playing around with the IPv6 and found out something I thought was odd. I too (like Buck) have Comcast Internet and noticed when I ran Comcast's speed test (speedtest.comcast.net) that there was a big difference in the upload speed of IPv4 vs. IPv6. What I found to bring my upload speed up to where it should be was that the distribution "flower" needed to be reset to give all the same percentage. I already had Share Excess ticked but it didn't seem to matter. FWIW, when I run a Detailed Test Connection on my XboxOne now it actually shows me having 123 down & 18 up (105/20 package). I know you can't rely on Xbox for accurate results but it's strange it actually reads HIGHER than my typical speed tests which usually avg upper 80's around midnight. Currently, I have the Duma hooked up to a surfboard modem and running the Nighthawk R700 in AP for the wireless

Hey Hammer thanks for sharing that with us, thats very interesting! Yeah we recommend resetting the flower before doing a speed test so glad you found the same works :) Thats very strange, wouldnt have expected that at all!

Archived