Wifi speed GF complaints!

Girlfriend is complaining about the wifi speed "it's not better" is slower than before. I said that maybe the wifi would be faster than before.

She says that quite often the websites is loading and nothing happens.

I have not changed anything in the netduma router settings.

Any ideas?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Do you mean the wifi was faster on the Netduma and now its slower on the netduma? Or do you mean the wifi on your previous router was faster? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry for delay, Do you know what speedtest was reporting before? I would suggest PSK2. We can go to chat if you'd like to resolve this quicker :)

Sorry for delay, Do you know what speedtest was reporting before? I would suggest PSK2. We can go to chat if you'd like to resolve this quicker :)

No problem :)

I'm at work now. I will be home after at 6pm gmt+1.

I changed channel to 11 and 5. No improvement.

I did'nt want to believe my gf's complaints but i have to admit that she's right about the wifi is kinda slow and speed drops. I even have to convince her that Netduma router is not a hijacker device LOOOL!

Thank's again for the great support, i hope some of mine and other customers issues will help to improve future router uptdates. 

You can also use both routers. Make your original routerva bridge but leave the WiFi on. That worked for my gf since for some odd reason her Iphone would not connect to the netduma

I can find the wifi on the ISP router but that one does'nt work. I'm not a network pro so i don't want to experiment with the settings. I just wait for Iain's support.

I can find the wifi on the ISP router but that one does'nt work. I'm not a network pro so i don't want to experiment with the settings. I just wait for Iain's support.

I think this is the best idea.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok think this is solved now, gonna give a day of testing to see if so. The ISPs routers wifi was interfering, disabling it improved performance.

Ok think this is solved now, gonna give a day of testing to see if so. The ISPs routers wifi was interfering, disabling it improved performance.

I figured it was that when he said "I can find the wifi on the ISP router but that one doesn't work."  

Basically, the issue was that you had two wifi signals being blasted side by side on the same channel...this causes interference (dropped packets, bad signal quality, erratic wifi behavior).

Perhaps in this should be added to the Answers section, as a lot of people will have 2 routers and might not know this is a real issue.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Very good idea, I'll wait for him to confirm though before posting. That's why I suggested a different channel though, and it didn't seem to help. Anyway we will find out all tomorrow. 

For me its not a double wifi interferrence. The Duma is the only one up. Strangely the duma advertizes 3 bars far away but the wifi is just as weak as any other wifi.

Btw the ipad 2 had issues connecting to wpa2. This is solved with ios8.

Merry xmas!!

I've beeen testing the wifi 2 days now. Sometimes it still feels like the wifi drops (iphone), not often. For example when the youtube video is loading it stops. If i disable the wifi (in the iphone) and reload the video it works. I'm not a fan of using my iphone too much besides when i'm checking facebook. Any ideas what to try out next? :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm busy working on geo-filter stuff at the moment. I'll look into the iphone issue asap. In the meantime you can either do the reload thing or use your existing routers wifi instead of duma. If you need help with either let me know please. 

@netduma_fraser please assign to the list. 

Archived