VPN connection attempt stuck in endless loop

1. What firmware version are you on? latest 1.03.06g

What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? N/A

What is your current setup? Cable modem > R1 > all devices 

What is your specific issue?  Router is stuck attempting to connect to VPN service.  I made a spelling mistake in the name of the server when I was switching servers in the config file and now the router keeps unsuccessfully trying to connect to the erroneous entry.  Here's the log entry line: RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: us-ca.privateinternetaccess.com: Name or service not known

"us-ca.privateinternetaccess.com" should have been "us-california.privateinternetaccess.com" and now it's just stuck in a loop and I have not been able to interrupt it.   Tried power cycling the router and tried rebooting it as well.

Happened for me when a previously selected VPN server wasn't available any more. From then on, it consistently tried to connect to it and all the changes I tried to make where useless.

Only thing that worked for me was a factory reset  <_<

• Administrators

Firstly, thank you very much for adhering to the support template. Very much appreciated.

A factory reset from settings > miscellaneous should resolve your issue. I would make sure to do a profile and save your settings so you can easily load them back up.

I have this same problem of the VPN loop but even after a factory reset it has not yet been resolved.

Did you do it from the button on the back of the router or from misc settings? You should do it from the latter.

Archived