Getting disconnected from server

smolina1212

WIthin the last 2 weeks i have noticed Netduma all of a sudden has been unable to establish secure connection to host, this leading to bad games with huge ping spikes, and then being dissonnected in the middle of a game. I'm 100% sure this is unusual and has been happening for 2 weeks. This is not the first time netduma has been working completely fine and then all of a sudden something changes and there is a blatant problem. Last time i had an issue NETDUMA IAN logged onto my computer with teamviewer and fixed the problem quickly. I need help. THANKYOU!

Guest Netduma Fraser

WIthin the last 2 weeks i have noticed Netduma all of a sudden has been unable to establish secure connection to host, this leading to bad games with huge ping spikes, and then being dissonnected in the middle of a game. I'm 100% sure this is unusual and has been happening for 2 weeks. This is not the first time netduma has been working completely fine and then all of a sudden something changes and there is a blatant problem. Last time i had an issue NETDUMA IAN logged onto my computer with teamviewer and fixed the problem quickly. I need help. THANKYOU!

Unable to establish secure connection to the host is the message you get when you get disconnected is that correct? Have you noticed any padlocks showing on the Geo-filter when this happens? What pings/spikes are you getting?

No padlocks showing on the Geo-filter ever, and for example im playing right now and i joined one game then when we got into the pre-lobby i will get kicked and searching for new games. Ill then join that game and get kicked mid game and it will say unable to establish connection to host. It had been an obvious difference for the past 2 weeks as i said. I knew something was wrong but i continuted to play, and i keep getting disconnected from host, with an unusal ammount of laggy games, with sometimes ping spikes going from 50-ms-400ms but thats completely unusal normally my ping graph is steady and my ISP isnt the problem i have great internet. Its probably a simple issue, last time i had problems i was getting kicked from games alot also and IAN did something and fixed it and it was working perfectly flawless for a couple weeks then all of a sudden... weird connectiong with alot of unstable connections leading to dissconncection from server when im playing or randomly in pre-game lobbys. DEfinately noticable problem for the past 2 weeks just tryed putting it off as normal, but it happens everyday.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Are you on the latest version, 1.03.3?

It sounds like your radius may be quite small and therefore you are experiencing booting, whats your radius set to?

Are you waiting for the Geo-filter to clear between games? Also is there anyone in your house that may be using the internet significantly? It could be local congestion causing the spikes.

As well as this can you make sure that all the ethernet cables are in as much as possible into the back of the R1 please. We found a little while ago that if they are out slightly it can cause massive spikes.

Guest Netduma Fraser

NO where can i download these new uprgrades. IT says im up to date but im not

Yes we are currently changing servers so when thats done you'll be able to download. Which version are you on currently?

Guest Netduma Fraser

1.02.7. Im getting horrible games one after another. Usually i have 20ms games perfect connection. NOw im having all 60ms games with a visible skipping across the map every game. I just played 25 games and not a single one was good.

Not to worry, when the servers are ready youll be able to download the latest upgrade. I understand, can you answer the questions from my previous post please :)

My radius is set to 1177 i have strict mode unticked, it has nothing to do with me getting kicked because its out of radius. There is a problem with the connection to host/server. Ive never had worse games. Ive been playing for hours and every game is completely out of the usual lagging across the map.

Guest Netduma Fraser

My radius is set to 1177 i have strict mode unticked, it has nothing to do with me getting kicked because its out of radius. There is a problem with the connection to host/server. Ive never had worse games. Ive been playing for hours and every game is completely out of the usual lagging across the map.

Can you put strict mode on please and try that. Also when youre playing is it the same host every time? If so having strict on and moving your home can help avoid it. Have you been waiting the 2 minutes for everything to clear between games as otherwise its likely youll keep getting the same bad host. 

Can you put strict mode on please and try that. Also when youre playing is it the same host every time? If so having strict on and moving your home can help avoid it. Have you been waiting the 2 minutes for everything to clear between games as otherwise its likely youll keep getting the same bad host. 

is it possible to cut down the wait time from 2 minutes to maybe...1 min?  I understand it's an anti cheat feature but wouldn't 1 minute be sufficient time to wait?

Guest Netduma Fraser

is it possible to cut down the wait time from 2 minutes to maybe...1 min?  I understand it's an anti cheat feature but wouldn't 1 minute be sufficient time to wait?

Thats a good point and personally I don't see the issue with cutting it to a minute. However, this is something Iain will have comment on I'm afraid. 

What's the usual countdown while in lobby waiting for the next game to start?  I'm not sure if there's different lobby times between the different games but as long as the anti-cheat time is longer than the lobby countdown time then it should still work as intended I would think.

Are you on the latest version, 1.03.3?

It sounds like your radius may be quite small and therefore you are experiencing booting, whats your radius set to?

Are you waiting for the Geo-filter to clear between games? Also is there anyone in your house that may be using the internet significantly? It could be local congestion causing the spikes.

As well as this can you make sure that all the ethernet cables are in as much as possible into the back of the R1 please. We found a little while ago that if they are out slightly it can cause massive spikes.

how can i upgrade to 1.0.3.3?

Guest Netduma_Iain

we're moving web servers very soon.

But in the mean time can you very carefully follow these instructions:

• download the file from http://www.netduma.com/upgrade
  • go to upgrade on the router and select advanced
  • KEEP all the options ticked(this is very important)
  • Upgrade the file you downloaded
  • Click upgrade and keep your router on for at least 3 mins, it will show you when its upgraded

Smolina: Can you run an internet diagnosis test please. Also can you show a screenshot of your geo-filter while you are playing please.

• Netduma Staff

Sorry for the late reply, but this is not 1.0.3.3.

1.03.3 isn't out yet. People who have it atm have probably just guessed file paths to get it which is risky because those versions haven't been tested properly yet. 1.03.2 is the newest version out at the moment. I think when Fraser asked if you are on 1.03.03 he might have forgotten he was on a version that the rest of us are not :)

Archived