Servers preemptive/reactive

bagsta69

Hi guys I was just wondering why every time I connect to that server in the Netherlands my games on AW go all laggy and horrible hit detection etc.

The average dl speed there is 53mb.

I am wondering (as I have not a clue how it works) could that dedicated server be set up to deal with players that have speeds greater than mine and would changing my bandwidth setting from preemptive to reactive give me a better experience?

I am aware I may have just asked a question similar to "if I make that chicken drive the car am I less likely to crash?" so please feel free to remove the post or ridicule me in a massive way.

Cheers.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Games use tiny amounts of data and they probably have a much larger pipe then you do as its a data centre so I don't think so mate :) 

aw servers are just bad in general   they will play great 1 game and then the very next one on the same server same lobby same people in the lobby and will just play like absolute garbage with no hit detection and insta deaths and so on

ID: a389edb826426f74  30ms ping get 2 shot by any one looking in my direction and ill get 5 or 6 hit markers. i know kill cams are bad but on there screen they only take 1 or 2 bullets of damage before they destroy me!

post-788-0-14007900-1427402758_thumb.jpg

Let me know the id please, does it have a high ping?

Hi Iain please find attached pics of servers with low ping that play horrible, one in Netherlands ish and one in Northern Francepost-788-0-21233600-1427402764_thumb.jpg

I would venture to agree with you buddy, Pings are so low and now my own ping is half what it used to be,

At least most games are running great now and only have to put up with the odd bad game. So thanks guys :) dont know what the emoticon for f\\\"{g massive grin is but insert it here. 

Archived