Setting specific bandwidth for ps4

Hi,

not sure if the CC-Sliders are linear. I think it might also depend on your bandwidth.

I throttle when playing BO3. To decide down and up I am doing a speedtest from the Xone.

I assume if I slide he sliders all the way down then all devices will see the same slower speeds???

I would just like the option to type in the bandwidth number for specific devices. Maybe I should put this in the suggestion forum?

Hi,

as far as i understand things i think you should be able to control bandwith for a certain device using device priorisation (up and down) while share excess

is unticked. Nevertheless i would use Congestion Control (CC) at least at 70/70 as recommended. With CC set I would run a speedtest while only one device is online and is at 100% priority or while share excess is ticked. Based on the results i would then decide on the priorisation percentage and untick share excess.

You could give it a try and I would be thankful if you would let me know if this is correct so I can improve my knowledge.

At my home while playing usually only the Xone is online, so i usually go by setting CC.

Hi,

as far as i understand things i think you should be able to control bandwith for a certain device using device priorisation (up and down) while share excess

is unticked. Nevertheless i would use Congestion Control (CC) at least at 70/70 as recommended. With CC set I would run a speedtest while only one device is online and is at 100% priority or while share excess is ticked. Based on the results i would then decide on the priorisation percentage and untick share excess.

You could give it a try and I would be thankful if you would let me know if this is correct so I can improve my knowledge.

At my home while playing usually only the Xone is online, so i usually go by setting CC.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking. Yes, you can control bandwidth but not accurately. I had to continuously run speed tests after each time I made an adjustment to get close to my desired speeds. This is not ideal.

Also in my case, I don't just have my ps4 going at times. My wife can have her phone watching YouTube and even Netflix running on our smart tv and possibly a laptop on wifi. All simultaneously pulling at the bandwidth.

I would like the ability to specify exactly what bandwidth is allotted to each device with the option to have sharers excess on or off for certain devices.

I out this in the suggestion area with more detail as to the obstacles and suggestions.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/14374-feature-request-limit-uploaddownload-to-specific-speeds-for-specific-devices/?p=100612&do=findComment&comment=100612

• Administrators

You can adjust the % you prioritise the console at which will achieve the same effect. I have posted in your suggestion thread that we'll be implementing more fine tuning in the next upgrade.

You can adjust the % you prioritise the console at which will achieve the same effect. I have posted in your suggestion thread that we'll be implementing more fine tuning in the next upgrade.

Yea I guess this thread is a bit redundant now that I look at it.  I definitely understand that it can be done with the tools provided.  It's just a bit cumbersome, time consuming and a bit askew.  I'm looking forward to the update.  I love the fact that you (netduma) are as excited about your product as your customers.  One of the best purchases for me!

Archived