Send an R1 to Hawaii

I suggest you save me an R1 so I can purchase it and test run it here in Hawaii! Where else in the world can you find a place that is surrounded by water. If it works here, that would be a testament of your product that it's a legit router to dominate lag. Let me know what you Netduma boys think.  I'm tired of being paired with people that are 3000+ miles away.  I accept the fact that we are far away from Microsoft servers but at least pair me with people that are on the western part of the United States.  Not the Eastern Part.  I'm just SO FREAKIN FRUSTRATED with COD Advanced Warfare. 

I suggest you save me an R1 so I can purchase it and test run it here in Hawaii! Where else in the world can you find a place that is surrounded by water. If it works here, that would be a testament of your product that it's a legit router to dominate lag. Let me know what you Netduma boys think.  I'm tired of being paired with people that are 3000+ miles away.  I accept the fact that we are far away from Microsoft servers but at least pair me with people that are on the western part of the United States.  Not the Eastern Part.  I'm just SO FREAKIN FRUSTRATED with COD Advanced Warfare. 

I'm going to enjoy my third (3rd) straight night of game play.

I cannot express enough, just order it, you will be back to having fun during your gaming sessions.

I'm going to enjoy my third (3rd) straight night of game play.

I cannot express enough, just order it, you will be back to having fun during your gaming sessions.

LOL! Don't tease me! When it gets back in stock, I'm definitely going to order one! I'm just wondering if it will be as effective as what others are experiencing. But then again, every bit HELPS! I hardly EVER get paired with local players around here. Would be nice to finally do

LOL! Don't tease me! When it gets back in stock, I'm definitely going to order one! I'm just wondering if it will be as effective as what others are experiencing. But then again, every bit HELPS! I hardly EVER get paired with local players around here. Would be nice to finally do

Sorry, don't mean to make others feel bad.  :mellow:

Oh you will, this is fact, the R1 will let you get back to having enjoyable gaming sessions again.  ;)

I'm in Hawaii, I ordered my R1 during the second wave of orders. It should get here pretty soon, it's in LA right now. I play AW on XB1, I'll report back here on how it works in Hawaii, but from the feedback so far, you better order one of these as soon as it's available again. I think it's going to be the answer to all our connection woes out here in the Pacific.

I'm in Hawaii, I ordered my R1 during the second wave of orders. It should get here pretty soon, it's in LA right now. I play AW on XB1, I'll report back here on how it works in Hawaii, but from the feedback so far, you better order one of these as soon as it's available again. I think it's going to be the answer to all our connection woes out here in the Pacific.

I will definitely order one when its back in stock! I'm tired of all these parties coming in and screwing up the connection, especially if the host of the party has a CRAP connection to begin with.

I got my Duma today. I hooked it up and played BO2 with 3 friends in Hawaii and the Duma was fricking amazing. I've occasionally had good connections before but it was probably at the rate of 1 good connection for every 8-9 terrible ones. With the Duma even the worst connection was still playable and I would have considered it decent prior to tonight. The majority of the connections were excellent. I had to expand the range to include the west coast of the US to get a lobby but the connections were fine. It was amazing to see how bad the matchmaking system is without the Duma's geo-filter, it's no wonder that the connections were so terrible. We played for about 4 hours and it was the most fun gaming session we've had, no more frustration from BS deaths, bad hit detection, etc.. THANK YOU NETDUMA! Next time I'm in England I'll have to buy you guys some pints!

I tried the Duma with Advanced Warfare on XB1 today. I set the geo-filter to include Hawaii and the west coast of California. Just was playing TDM so I don't know about the other game modes but it seemed like it was running off of dedicated servers. There were 2 in the LA area that I kept connecting to and 1 in the Bay area. Always those same 3 servers. Pings were about 70ms, which is good for connecting from Hawaii. The game ran as well as I have seen it run, but it still seems a bit "off". It just seems to me like the game's netcode itself inherently causes native lag regardless of connection, like it's always running a bit behind from the start. Last night with BO2, the on screen response just seemed a lot crisper, even before the 6-pack of beer. This is not a complaint, just observation. I still had fun playing AW, just noting the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to see so many customers so excited to have a product, honestly it is impressive.  

Even more so the joy they share once they get the product. :)

It is truly a huge compliment to the netduma team (my hat is off)

Got a few hours of Advanced Warfare gaming today....the R1 truly is in a class by itself! Being that I am located in Hawaii, I am already at a disadvantage when it comes to online FPS but with the R1 the playing field is leveled with the Geo Filter. Thanks Netduma for creating such a revolutionary product. Wondering if there's going to be "copycats" of your product or technology?

I agree, having the R1 in Hawaii has truly been a godsend. To experiment, I tried leaving the geo-filter off to see what AW's awesome matchmaking system would normally give me. As you can imagine, it would place me in lobbies all over the US and even in other countries. I would say the ping would average 150-170ms without the filter, terrible! It would occasionally put me in a west coast lobby, which by Hawaii standards, plays really well, about 70-90ms ping on average. With the geo-filter on I can eliminate all those bad lobbies I would have been placed in. Most of you would still probably find 60-80ms ping unacceptable when you guys can get 20-40ms pings, but compared to what I've had to play with for YEARS, this is amazing! I can even get a Hawaii host sometimes during peak playing times and the connection is really good, like 20-30ms or less. It's only going to get better as more people get onto the new generation of consoles and the player population increases. And you guys are constantly improving the Duma to make it even better as well. There used to be a lot of rage-quitting before the Duma came along, and now at least I have a chance at winning some gunfights!

I agree, having the R1 in Hawaii has truly been a godsend. To experiment, I tried leaving the geo-filter off to see what AW's awesome matchmaking system would normally give me. As you can imagine, it would place me in lobbies all over the US and even in other countries. I would say the ping would average 150-170ms without the filter, terrible! It would occasionally put me in a west coast lobby, which by Hawaii standards, plays really well, about 70-90ms ping on average. With the geo-filter on I can eliminate all those bad lobbies I would have been placed in. Most of you would still probably find 60-80ms ping unacceptable when you guys can get 20-40ms pings, but compared to what I've had to play with for YEARS, this is amazing! I can even get a Hawaii host sometimes during peak playing times and the connection is really good, like 20-30ms or less. It's only going to get better as more people get onto the new generation of consoles and the player population increases. And you guys are constantly improving the Duma to make it even better as well. There used to be a lot of rage-quitting before the Duma came along, and now at least I have a chance at winning some gunfights!

That is truly awesome.

Now that the playing field has been leveled with the R1, I can now keep the peace in my family!  Especially with my wife.........NO MORE RAGING!!!  LMAO!   WIsh the R1 was around when Gears of War was the game to play. :D :D :D :D

Now that the playing field has been leveled with the R1, I can now keep the peace in my family!  Especially with my wife.........NO MORE RAGING!!!  LMAO!   WIsh the R1 was around when Gears of War was the game to play. :D :D :D :D

That's hilarious! Same situation here. I would get yelled at by my wife for swearing too much while playing, then a rage quit would happen. I'd be grumpy the rest of the night, go on COD forum to complain about how bad the lag was, then in a couple days I'd repeat the process, lol.

That's hilarious! Same situation here. I would get yelled at by my wife for swearing too much while playing, then a rage quit would happen. I'd be grumpy the rest of the night, go on COD forum to complain about how bad the lag was, then in a couple days I'd repeat the process, lol.

Yup! JUST LIKE ME!!!!!

Archived