Allow and Deny Backup

dunno if suggested before

id like to have a backup feature for my Allow and Deny section

it doesnt need to be a full backup, id be fine with an ID insert panel where i can eg insert my friends ID (15bc29f459b4bec3) and he automatically appears on my Geo-Filter so i can give him 100% agian (or any other percentage)

that way i could setup a word file with all my friends in there, incase i have to factory reset my router or a new firmware resets the Allow and Deny list i can

easily put all my friends in it again

right now my Allow and Deny list has 27 entries from which most of those id like to keep

sure i can redo them when i play with those people again but that might take a full week until you played with each person again just to put them into Allow again :)

cool :)

i hope the basic function of Allow and Deny stays, i really love blocking those 500ms people ;)

also whitelisting my US friends (im from Europe) is a great thing too, please keep that function ;)

I agree with Odin.  I hope the basic principle of the feature remains, it's a great tool imho and be a real shame to lose it.

Would you guys consider colour coding the saved hosts to match the service, PSN/XBL?  Or have it so only saved hosts load to Deny/Allow according to what service is selected from the Geo page?  I couldn't hazard a guess at how many hosts I've rated in 4 months across two platforms, but it's a lot and I can't imagine how it'll look after a year or two.

One more suggestion as the juices are flowing :D I play at two locations due to work and would find it useful to be able to load a set of saved hosts from location A and do the same for when I'm at location B.  Because teh two connections are very different, one a decent fibre the other a lacklustre ADSL, several times I've noticed a good host on one doesn't necessarily mean it's a good host on the other. I doubt others will move their routers once setup, but perhaps a feature for future consideration.

Hope some of that made sense as I'm still suffering, (yes 2 days later), from a severe case of Rugby + Alcohol overdose  :( So all pity/sympathy welcome at this juncture as my Welsh good lady has very little of either for her English captive   :rolleyes:

Guest Netduma_Iain

Great suggestions mate we will maybe in 2 versions from now introduce profiles and backups.

The England game was amazing nail biter to the end

Good to hear Iain.  I'm sure you and the team will nail it.  

The Rugby was awesome!  England, France being the last game, things were getting a little fuzzy by then lol..

Roll on the World Cup!  and the Deny/allow update, obviously  :D

Archived