Help with set up please

Mr fncypants

I'm a mess. Sorry. I can't seem to get my set up working right. I have a optimum online Internet set up. Using

Netgear r7000 with net Duma here is how I have it set up.

Modem to netgear as wifi for people in my house

Wired to netduma wired to xbox one.

I just can't seem it working. I go to device manager to get my IP address to put my netgear into dmz and it's not giving it to me.

I tried to hook it up like this and my netgear wouldn't work

Modem wired to netduma wired to nighthawk port 2 port 1 wired to xbox one. Please help. I wish I could call someone. It's easier for me that way

• Netduma Staff

I'm a mess. Sorry. I can't seem to get my set up working right. I have a optimum online Internet set up. Using

Netgear r7000 with net Duma here is how I have it set up.

Modem to netgear as wifi for people in my house

Wired to netduma wired to xbox one.

I just can't seem it working. I go to device manager to get my IP address to put my netgear into dmz and it's not giving it to me.

I tried to hook it up like this and my netgear wouldn't work

Modem wired to netduma wired to nighthawk port 2 port 1 wired to xbox one. Please help. I wish I could call someone. It's easier for me that way

I am in chat now and will be happy to help you set up :)

If you can't come into chat though, then please could you tell me, do you have an internet connection when connecting the R1 to the Netgear? Is it just the issue with DMZ?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks so much Crossy, Mr fancy pants is the issue resolved?

PS Mr Fancy Pants is that a reference to monkey island? If so top lulz 

I have the R7000 and Netduma, this is the way I connected it, and still have WiFi via the R7000 for the household.

Modem -> Netduma -> R7000 Router

From Netduma I have my Gaming PC hooked up, for you this is where you want your XBOX or PS4 connected to, from the Netduma.

Then I had to put R7000 in AP mode by following these notes -> http://kb.netgear.co...oint-(ap-mode)?

• Netduma Staff

Do you have internet connection when connected to the Netduma still? I guess you probably do.

Have you set up the GeoFilter? Could you take a screen shot of the top of the GeoFilter page and the map.

Archived