Geopanel not showing host

Pongo Paul

I have tried both ways, just turned it back as you said but still have error. Its weird, everyday i have had different icons, yesterday just the round yellow/gold ones, Saturday nothing at all, tonight as you can see. Other than enable disable those buttons last thing last night to test i haven't changed any other settings?

Can i remove xbone and re add it easily so i can start again?

post-1240-0-27674200-1426529935_thumb.png

post-1240-0-34634100-1426529937_thumb.png

Guest Netduma Fraser

Not without doing a factory reset which Iain has already advised against. Can you do a hard refresh in your browser by doing Ctrl + F5 on the keyboard if you have a Windows PC or Cmd + R on Mac. Also click apply on Cloud Settings in Miscellaneous and make sure its on auto cloud.

Hi  i have done that no change still get the same icons, some seemed bigger. Is there a reason not doing a reset, i don't have a problem its just a case of changing IP range and setting up WiFi once its done. Im a network administrator, no way as experienced as you guys but not adverse to doing these things, unless you have a technical reason not to?

post-1240-0-04140400-1426532686_thumb.png

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi  i have done that no change still get the same icons, some seemed bigger. Is there a reason not doing a reset, i don't have a problem its just a case of changing IP range and setting up WiFi once its done. Im a network administrator, no way as experienced as you guys but not adverse to doing these things, unless you have a technical reason not to?

From that picture the Geo-filter is working as intended although it looks like you need to wait 2 minutes for the Geo-filter to clear ( http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_anti_cheat) technically no, it can just be annoying setting everything up again but as Iain said the issue shouldnt be related.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi ya

Ok i will see how it goes may not be tonight, if i still have problems i will get back to you. Thanks again

Okay great, no problem :)

Hi, I'm having a problem in the geo filter trying to ping the host, when I click on the host and go to ping it a message appears saying can't connect ping to host , I've used Internet browser, Google Crome and Safari thinking it's the browser and they are all the same, can anyone help with this problem please?

• Netduma Staff

Hi, I'm having a problem in the geo filter trying to ping the host, when I click on the host and go to ping it a message appears saying can't connect ping to host , I've used Internet browser, Google Crome and Safari thinking it's the browser and they are all the same, can anyone help with this problem please?

Are you using any ad-blockers? Have you tried restarting the router? :)

• Netduma Staff

Reset the router yes, I'm not sure on the ad blockers if that's enabled and where to disable it? it's a new laptop so thought it could be the browser, thanks for the reply

Ok, its probably best to make a new thread for this so that people will be able to see it and help you :) - Try disabling the computer firewall and see if that fixes it; I seem to remember reading somewhere that that might work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just wanted to update an finalise this post. I still had limited ( ie no outside range warning triangles) icons and wasn't happy I had two Xbone IP's attached so I reset to factory settings. This time I didn't change the fixed IP of the xbone but left it as it was. I was a lot more patient than the first time. I probably have a more complex network than a lot of people, multiple devices two switches, fixed IP's on lots, wireless etc etc. After the reset and config of IP range the xbone didn't show in the router but a lot of other devices did, after about 20/25 minutes and a hard reboot of switches, xbone and router, it dropped into the device manager of the router. I then set it as per the instructions I had in this thread. I now have a lot more icons appearing when playing only one xbone IP address and my OCD tendencies aren't twitching having two IP's on one device.

I think the answer is patience when setting up but we all know us gamers aren't that patient and want to play with new toys as soon as we see the postie coming. I know I was hopping up an down on delivery day and I'm getting on a bit

Thank you all for your help much appreciated.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for the response Paul, if it happens again and you need me to help let me know. I usually do support during the day but can schedule for evenings if its an unusual case. 

Archived