Bandwith got hammered with update.

PuppetMaster

• Netduma Staff

Please make sure that you have followed everything in this article :)

Also remember that something in this new version has slowed down the speeds and therefore the maximum speeds that you will be able to achieve is 120MB/s.

Please make sure that you have followed everything in this article :)

Also remember that something in this new version has slowed down the speeds and therefore the maximum speeds that you will be able to achieve is 120MB/s.

I've done everything there & I'm still capping out around 60/70mb. The upload is fantastic though.

P.S. If it helps I'm using a motorola surfboard sb6141 cable modem & the R1 is the only thing plugged into the back.

https://www.motorola.com/on/demandware.static/Sites-Site/Sites-Motorola_US-Library/default/v1335985434876/Promotion/cross-sell/cable-modem/SB6141-data-sheet.pdf?version=1,336,493,276,000

• Netduma Staff

I've done everything there & I'm still capping out around 60/70mb. The upload is fantastic though.

P.S. If it helps I'm using a motorola surfboard sb6141 cable modem & the R1 is the only thing plugged into the back.

https://www.motorola.com/on/demandware.static/Sites-Site/Sites-Motorola_US-Library/default/v1335985434876/Promotion/cross-sell/cable-modem/SB6141-data-sheet.pdf?version=1,336,493,276,000

Are you doing the speed tests wired or wireless?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Crossy

Did it work out?

Don't forget to disable IPv6 in LAN & WAN. Then disable linklocal as well in "Settings > Misc". Finally make sure the wires are securely connected between the router & the modem.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Crossy

Did it work out?

Don't forget to disable IPv6 in LAN & WAN. Then disable linklocal as well in "Settings > Misc". Finally make sure the wires are securely connected between the router & the modem.

Well I was in chat with PuppetMaster. We managed to get the speeds up to 90MB/s by disabling IPv6.

PuppetMaster left chat then so not sure if he got it sorted :)

I just followed what you said Crossy and disabled IPv6 on LAN and WAN. I ran Testmynet to check speed and now I am getting 37 down 22 up. Before it was like 13 down and 2 up.

• Netduma Staff

I just followed what you said Crossy and disabled IPv6 on LAN and WAN. I ran Testmynet to check speed and now I am getting 37 down 22 up. Before it was like 13 down and 2 up.

Nice :) What speeds do you pay for?

Archived