Bandwidth capping

nytemare01

Hey guys

I normally cap my bandwidth between 60-70% when playing cod and it works pretty well for me. But what about battlefield 4? They have that high frequency update thing which is influenced by how good your connection is and I'm curious if capping will affect it. What's a good cap percentage for bf4?

Hey guys

I normally cap my bandwidth between 60-70% when playing cod and it works pretty well for me. But what about battlefield 4? They have that high frequency update thing which is influenced by how good your connection is and I'm curious if capping will affect it. What's a good cap percentage for bf4?

It depends on how much bandwidth you have.  The higher your bandwidth the less you have to cap.  I'm on a 40/10 and cap all my games at 80 which works fine for me

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Nytemare,

The anti-flood is purely for stopping other people or devices download/uploading impacting your ping. You can experiment, but the idea is your reduce the rate till the queuing goes. We recommend 70% but its more of a feature you tinker with.

The goal is to throttle as little as possible while keeping low ping when someone downloads/uploads.

Archived