Netduma Dropping Connection

Hi,

I have had my Netduma (firmware 1.03.6g) since December and it has worked great with no issues until recently it has started randomly dropping wifi and wired connections. I have to reboot the router to restore the connection. I have contacted my ISP (Comcast) several times and they insist everything is fine on their end, so I tried switching back to my old ASUS RT-AC66U and I have not had my connection drop since. I have tried disabling wifi work-around and IPv6 and restoring to factory default. 

I have been having the same problems for the last month...once or twice a week..last week like you i connected my old asus n56u router up..didnt have 1 dropout.

Reconnected my duma on Friday and this morning ive had to reboot to get online.

Please can tell me why this is happening..I think the router is on its way out

• Administrators

Hi,

No the router does not reboot on its own. It is sitting on a wooden desk, my office is a consistant 70 degrees so I cannot imagine it overheating. Thank you for the tip.

Okay interesting, did you try Sallad's suggestion?

I have been having the same problems for the last month...once or twice a week..last week like you i connected my old asus n56u router up..didnt have 1 dropout.

Reconnected my duma on Friday and this morning ive had to reboot to get online.

Please can tell me why this is happening..I think the router is on its way out

I would test with another ethernet cable connecting the R1 to your modem and see if it persists.

Archived