xbox one party issue

• Netduma Staff

Have problems getting in party with my friends who are located by me......also im getting some crazy laggy gms.....i got a good internet open Nat. Any help

Have a look here on what to post if you are finding you are getting laggy games. It would be useful to see a screen shot of the ping graph from your games and a screen shot of the internet diagnostic results. You will have to upgrade to be able to run internet diagnostics.

I think XBL is having issue at the moment which is why you can't get in parties. Try disabling GeoFilter though and see if that helps, but I think the issue is XBL is having issues :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Have problems getting in party with my friends who are located by me......also im getting some crazy laggy gms.....i got a good internet open Nat. Any help

Hey, 

I'm going to build on what Crossy has said as he's right. You've got a few issues here which should be solvable. Are you on the latest version? It's 1.02.7 If not, upgrading will help massively and will be required for most of these steps.

1. As Crossy said, this may be XBL at the moment. However, you can add your friends to your allow list by following these instructions - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list This means they can connect to you even if they are outside your filter :)
  2. Again, the thread Crossy linked gives a list of things we will need to see in order to diagnose why you are getting laggy games. Just to quote for easy reference
  • Post a screenshot of the details page on the "Internet Diagnosis"
  • Post a screenshot of the top of the host filtering page
  • Post a screenshot of your Geo-filter in game
  • Post a screenshot of a typical ping graph (please don't bother with anomaly games you'll just waste time for both of us )
  • Let us know your paid for upload and download bandwidth
  • Finally make sure whatever device your playing the game on is wired. Wifi throws a spanner in the works in terms of lag and we won't try support that

3. Is there anyone in your home using the internet intensively? Watching Netflix, downloading a torrent etc? As this will increase your lag if you're not using our Congestion Control.

Once we can ascertain all that we can work from there :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Your pings look like they're working great 25-30 is a really good ping. The 50 ping could be better but not too bad, let us know if that ping happens a lot. Click show details on the Internet diagnosis so we can find your base ping. You can also press the snap button once to incorporate that dedi as well as raising the PA slightly higher. Support has finished for the night here, so if we can quickly sort this I will otherwise it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Guest Netduma Fraser

From your Geo-filter it appears there is a dedicated server just outside your radius. The 'snap' button is the button on the right of the magnifying glass. It auto expands the Geo-filter when clicked to the next optimum radius. Press it once to encapsulate that dedi :) Okay the base ping is fine.

Archived