Advice regarding ip address problems

Hi yall, I have been having issues for the last few days with PS4 not finding an ip address in time unless I shut everything down and reboot modem, router and PS4.

I was thinking that next time this happens should I connect ps4 directly to modem and try connecting that way and if it does, does that mean the issue is with the router settings?

Thing is It was all working fine but now after a few hours of ps been off I have to shut the whole lot down and reboot which isnt ideal really.

Any other advice or suggestions most welcome,

Oh and I have rebuilt the database on PS4 too.

Cheers

Guest Netduma_Iain

can you try a different wire. But honestly that sounds like your wried settings on the playstation are incorrect. OR go to "Device Manager" and click edit. Have you blocked any devices? 

Not blocked anything after shutting it all off and back on again it works one till next time, wired settings are all auto so cannot fathom what the problem is, all cables are new quality cat6 cables tested on other equipment, it's a head scratcher that's for sure

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'd have to look at your router to try guess what it is. Sounds like playstation doesn't renew its IP after going standby.

First time it did it I'd put it in standby, last night I shut it down after playing.

I'll see if it does it again later. It's as if the router and the ps have fallen out and are not talking to each other, shutting everything down power wise and restarting seems to introduce a bunch of flowers and all friends again

Wifi works fine

Ok I have rebuilt the database on ps4 and it has connected this evening no problem, one thing I did not mention as it has only just occurred to me and not sure if it makes a difference or not, I did have two instances of the Duma software running at the same time. One on my pc and one on my laptop which had hibernated and gave the message unable to ping error occured when I woke it up.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Great point Akic.You don't have another router connected to the R1 in ports 2-5 do you?

Bagsta having two instances won't be a problem. The error occurs cause you hibernated and it lost connection not a problem at all

Archived