FA Cup

Macca65

I love the FA Cup :)

I thinks it's the best domestic cup tournament in the world. Especially when the so called " little clubs" give the big boys a spanking :)

And there were some cracking goals as well, I may be biased, but Lukaku's first against Chelsea was probably the goal of the tournament so far!

He has written himself into lfolklore for Evertonians who have a great fondness for the No9,Dixie Dean, AlexYoung, Bob Latchford, Andy Gray, Graham Sharp, Duncan Ferguson, Joe Royle and of course Gary Lineker

I do not think the semi finals should be at Wembley, it should be the final only, but again it's the FA ripping fans off as usual :(

Agreed

The FA cup semi final should not be played at Wembley, It takes the magic away from getting to the final and all for the money! I personally think the semi final should be held at Villa Park for years it's been a semi final ground, Bang in the centre of the UK and a great traditional ground

• 1 month later...

Well I have everything crossed, and double crossed for tomorrow's semi-final against Man Utd. Other than them all coming down with a virus I can't see us winning, but I live in hope.

Utd are just coming into a period of good form, Everton have been woeful all season, but you never know in the cup, that's why it's the greatest domestic cup competition in the world. :) m

Anyway I'm just off to slaughter a chicken, or is it a virgin, well it will be easier to find a chicken.........;)

• Administrators

Well I have everything crossed, and double crossed for tomorrow's semi-final against Man Utd. Other than them all coming down with a virus I can't see us winning, but I live in hope.

Utd are just coming into a period of good form, Everton have been woeful all season, but you never know in the cup, that's why it's the greatest domestic cup competition in the world. :) m

Anyway I'm just off to slaughter a chicken, or is it a virgin, well it will be easier to find a chicken......... ;)

I think Man Utd will see you off tomorrow unfortunately but you're right, anything can happen. For both teams it's a chance to save their season so hopefully it'll be end to end. 

I can't begin to call the other semi-final though. Would love an Everton v Palace final - well supported clubs with long-suffering fans

I think it could me make or break for both managers RM and LVG even if either win the cup. I think both have lost the fans. Everton have gone backwards under RM, best squad of players in recent times, but just CANNOT defend a lead. RM's game management is poor. I think with the new shareholder coming in he will want his own man to spend HIS money.

Kenwright is very loyal to the managers, but there is a new man on board who will have his own ideas.

Any here's to the next season lol ;)

Archived