Can't connect to Halo 5 Netherland Servers (wihich are nearest)

Hi,

support information first:

1. 1.03.6
  2. 200 Mbit/s down/ 12 Mbit/s up.
  3. ISP Modem > R1 > all devices 
  4. The Netherland Halo 5 Dedicated Servers are located nearer to me than the ones in Ireland. If i use the Halo 5 Profile it always connects me to the Ireland Servers, even the Netherland Servers are nearer and of course inside the Geofilter Range.
    If I place the Ireland Servers outside the Geofilter Range and only the Netherland Servers inside the Geofilter Range Halo5 Matchmaking works until it says Loading Game. After a few seconds I am booted back with two ingame messages: Your connection to local network...; Time out while... (Sorry, didn't write them down).
    Example for supposed Netherland server: f117cb96b4905c61    Distance: 16km (Home location directly over server location, strict mode, PA 0; Auto ping host).
  5. Tried different settings like moving my home location further south, enlarging and minimizing Geofilter Range. If you need me to provide additional information let me know.

Gladly appreciate your support whenever there is time.

Best Regards

• Administrators

Hey, the way you have to search in Halo 5 is you have to keep researching until it will let you into a game. It will keep booting you until it finds the game within your radius. It is not ideal but that is the way it works. So keep trying and you should be able to get the Netherland server.

Hi Fraser,

thanks for the helpful answer.

I´ve read a little bit deeper into how Halo 5´s matchmaking works on Halo Waypoint.

It is really a little weird.

I'll keep retrying for that netherland server to end up with about 30 ms.

Hi,

now it works for me and the R1 is giving me the Netherland servers almost constantly with about 30 ms. :D

All in all great gaming experience, also the Halo Netcode sometimes seems to be a little bit off, so every game is a little bit

different in regard to hit detection imho. But the fun predominates.

By the way it started working for me on the Netherland servers (nor more local network disconnect messages) as soon as I turned Stealth mode off and that seems to be repeatable.

That might be a coincidence but perhaps something special in regard to Halos matchmaking to look into. But I am no networking guy, just something I personally noticed.

Right now it´s going to be Halo Weekend for me.

• Administrators

Fantastic to hear that! Thanks for the tip about stealth mode, will keep that in mind :)

As this has been resolved I'll now close this thread. Please feel free to open another if you have any other questions/issues.

Archived