netduma r1 settings

theseus33

For me my quality always goes up when I run preemptive instead of reactive,but your milage may vary.And speed is a non factor I get a D or F too depending on where sliders are set.

Are you wired when your doing the test ?

And make sure your network is quiet when your running the test.

For me my quality always goes up when I run preemptive instead of reactive,but your milage may vary.And speed is a non factor I get a D or F too depending on where sliders are set.

Are you wired when your doing the test ?

And make sure your network is quiet when your running the test.

ive tried preemptive as well. same with both. yes it is wired for the test, nothing esle running. ive gotten a C on quality one time, lost it, and never found it again. 

ive tried preemptive as well. same with both. yes it is wired for the test, nothing esle running. ive gotten a C on quality one time, lost it, and never found it again. 

So, a couple of things here.

Don't sell the farm and bet it on BB to win.  This is something that we were working with prior to the 1.03.06g update.  With the Hyper lane, your gaming packets will be queued at the front of the pack going and coming.  This is a HUGE step forward for how gaming packets enter the wild.

Secondly, don't overestimate the quality of the line coming from your ISP.  Many people, Fuzzy and myself included, have sporadic problems on the provided lines feeding our respective residences.  This means there is very little the Duma can do (nothing really) to assist when the problem is outside of your house.  

If you have serious concerns about the line, or if you just want to test it and see for yourself.

www.pingplotter.com

Down load and run the program when the rest of the house is quiet or is away at work/school.  You will want to run both a PEAK and a OFF-PEAK time for comparison.

So, a couple of things here.

Don't sell the farm and bet it on BB to win.  This is something that we were working with prior to the 1.03.06g update.  With the Hyper lane, your gaming packets will be queued at the front of the pack going and coming.  This is a HUGE step forward for how gaming packets enter the wild.

Secondly, don't overestimate the quality of the line coming from your ISP.  Many people, Fuzzy and myself included, have sporadic problems on the provided lines feeding our respective residences.  This means there is very little the Duma can do (nothing really) to assist when the problem is outside of your house.  

If you have serious concerns about the line, or if you just want to test it and see for yourself.

www.pingplotter.com

Down load and run the program when the rest of the house is quiet or is away at work/school.  You will want to run both a PEAK and a OFF-PEAK time for comparison.

so basically what youre telling me, is that so long as i have A+ on bb, and i have hyper lane open, the rest isnt as important?

so basically what youre telling me, is that so long as i have A+ on bb, and i have hyper lane open, the rest isnt as important?

I would go so far as to say this:  

If you can get an A for BB, you are ALREADY going to be ahead of 97% of the rest of the players that have never even heard of it.  The other 2+ percent are Duma users and the remaining small group live across the street from a FiOs or Google Fiber station.

Between the protection the Congestion Control features give you from your own housemates, and the Hyper Lane prioritizing your gaming packets, you have all you need*.  *Assuming the line outside of your house is in any decent condition of course. 

I think you are fine my friend.  This is just another gaming session, not a moon launch, so don't over think it.  You will just make yourself mad trying to find that "one little tweak". 

Trust me, if there is a tweak to be found, there is already an entire #DumaArmy of advanced users who have probably already scaled that wall.  The good stuff we share and the rest we file away on "who's stupid idea was this?"  :ph34r:  :P

You're good brother.  Use the "A" and the Hyper Lane and concentrate on the game, not the set up.  

I would go so far as to say this:  

If you can get an A for BB, you are ALREADY going to be ahead of 97% of the rest of the players that have never even heard of it.  The other 2+ percent are Duma users and the remaining small group live across the street from a FiOs or Google Fiber station.

Between the protection the Congestion Control features give you from your own housemates, and the Hyper Lane prioritizing your gaming packets, you have all you need*.  *Assuming the line outside of your house is in any decent condition of course. 

I think you are fine my friend.  This is just another gaming session, not a moon launch, so don't over think it.  You will just make yourself mad trying to find that "one little tweak". 

Trust me, if there is a tweak to be found, there is already an entire #DumaArmy of advanced users who have probably already scaled that wall.  The good stuff we share and the rest we file away on "who's stupid idea was this?"  :ph34r:  :P

You're good brother.  Use the "A" and the Hyper Lane and concentrate on the game, not the set up.  

i actually have A+ bb. so thats a good thing. and just the geo filter alone had made a difference in the first two weeks i had the router. when i first discovered bb and the congestion controls, my bb was a D-. in the first three hours of play after achieving the A+, hit detection seemed very sharp, i had no baffling deaths while running behind corners, and no glitches or lags to this point. although im sure i will still have some of that from time to time. only reason i was trying to improve the quality and speed grades, simply was because i figured id try to make the best out of the product i paid for. admittedly, im way over my head in this area. but after the feedback both of you have given me, i feel confident that im at an optimal level now. i really appreciate it. 

Archived