Internet drops when in game

Getting constant connection interruption when playing. Youtube fails to load, netflix is spotty. I would be convinced it was on Comcasts end if it didn't resolve itself when going back to my old Linksys router. My speeds are lower as well. I pay for 75/5 with the duma I'm getting around 40/4 and on the linksys I get 80/6. I've restarted everything multiple times, including a factory reset on the duma. Went back to version .5 from .6 to test it (and it's a little better). Swapped cables, manually renewed my IP address. Comcast says their connection looks good. It has to be something going on with the duma. Any ideas? Cable connection and no pass through to a second router or modem combo. Modem is a Surfboard. 

Sorry for my incoherence. I'm raging a little at the moment. 

Thanks,

David

Oddly, today I am getting greater than expected speeds with the duma. Would see like it was on my ISPs end, but just doesn't make sense that I could hook up a different router and get the same results when I haven't changed anything in the duma since I posted this. 

Finally got a chance to test it while experiencing issues. It will not connect modem to pc for me to run speedtest  :huh:  Comcast was out earlier this week checking for signal noise and found none. Not sure what else it could be. As soon as I plug the modem back to the router and then to the PC I can run speedtest fine with stable speeds. Still around 40 out of the 75 that I pay for, but connection interrupted is the biggest issue here. I have more download than I need. 

• Administrators

What is the specific surfboard model you have? 

On the duma in bandwidth settings put in 200/200 and allow to auto setup. Then put in your normal speeds but don't allow it to auto set up.

Archived