Fifa 16 ultimate teams: Netduma family you are my last resort

Hi guys I Hope use are all well, I have recently purchased the netduma r1 due to vigorous research on trying to fix my problem with fifa 16 Ultimate teams online game play.

What I am about to say has been effecting me ever since I started playing ultimate teams online since 2011. My problem is that bad that it is bordering on depression, to put so much into a game and to receive so little in return.

Fifa 16 ultimate teams has been by far the worst title with the problems I am having, from previous titles being able to win division 1 and now this title just only getting out of division 8 thanks to the r1

Through consistent consultation with ea sports, play station network and my isp only to get no where for the past 5 years untill I came across the netduma r1.

Before I purchased the r1 I couldn't get out of division 8 due to major irregular game play, I was loosing games 8 - 0, 9 times out of 10 with my opponents having an avg of 18 shots at goal compared to my 1 or 2, reason being it is like all my opponents have super human powers and speed like they are running, passing and shooting in fast forward and I am playing in slow motion like i am stuck in mud. Nor to mention that my opponents fitness levels are of no significance as they are running full speed even with their energy bars being empty.

Their are games I can not get the ball out of my half that's how dominant the opponents are. They intercept all of my passes, block all of my shots and crosses, shadow all of my moves and runs and even move quicker than the motion of the ball meaning it's impossible to score because their keeper saves my shots. It feels like they know every move I make even before I make it and I don't say that lightly.

The physical stats of my players are to no significance due to the overwhelming strength and speed of my opponents, even though the attributes of my team are on par with my opponents if not better.

Example, I have a 94 pace player who gets run down by an opponent who has 60 pace, and when this is reversed I can not even put a finger on my opponent.

I am so disillusioned with the game as it's so unfair.

Since the purchase of the r1 I have progressed up to division 5 but in saying that I have made this division twice and lost 14 games straight due to the problems I have mentioned above.

I have cable internet with a maximum download speed of 100mbs and a maximum upload of 1.8mbs.

I have mastered the r1 in getting maximum speeds and have had no problems in setting up the antiflood and geo filter. My isp netgear cg3000v2 is in bridge mode and have a Nat type 2.

I am always playing via a wired connection, my controller is always wired to my ps4 and my tv is in game mode limiting input lag.

Guys you are my last resort before I chuck in the towel, am I doing something wrong? Is their some special setting which I don't know about? Can i fine tune r1 anymore than what I have?

Are my opponent's doing something that I am not?

I'm really in a mess and don't know what to think anymore.

When I do a ping test through pingtest.net I get an average ping of 30 to 38 and a jitter of 8 to 14.

I said earlier that I have progressed from division 8 to 5 thanks to the r1 but I am still getting games during my progression with what I call "irregular game play".

Please guys I want to know your thoughts and I am hoping together you can help me fix this problem.

Kind regards,

Plumbit.

Hi Netduma Fraser,

Thank you for you efforts in helping with my online gaming problem.

I am working on the screen shots for you.

Just a question, do i also hide the details shown in the trace section of the diagnostics test like shown in your example  on the forum before i post it?

• Administrators

Hi Netduma Fraser,

Thank you for you efforts in helping with my online gaming problem.

I am working on the screen shots for you.

Just a question, do i also hide the details shown in the trace section of the diagnostics test like shown in your example  on the forum before i post it?

No you shouldn't need to do so but if you want to to put your mind at ease you can

Finally my internet package speeds.

These are the maximum speeds which my ISP can provide as their is no higher package.

Download: 100 mbs

Upload: 1.9 mbs

My ISP is Optus cable internet and the only other ISP available in my area can only provide me with 15 mbs download and 1.6 mbs upload.

Can i just add that during peak times due to congestion from the ISP my speeds will vary.

• Administrators

I can see you're getting quite a bit of jitter. Which is why you can see your game ping fluctuating quite a lot. I would run Ping Plotter over different times of day/different days. Then you can take this to your ISP and see if they can help with lowering the jitter. 

Hi Netduma Fraser,

Sorry for such a late reply,

Thanks for analyzing my uploaded screen shots.

I will contact my isp on Monday and discuss what you have mentioned above. 

Do you mind Uploading a screen shot of what a "average" ping graph should look like.

Most of my game time is on the weekend, i may comeback to you with more questions on Monday.

I still want to analyse a few more things, i hope you don't mind? 

• Administrators

Hi Netduma Fraser,

Sorry for such a late reply,

Thanks for analyzing my uploaded screen shots.

I will contact my isp on Monday and discuss what you have mentioned above. 

Do you mind Uploading a screen shot of what a "average" ping graph should look like.

Most of my game time is on the weekend, i may comeback to you with more questions on Monday.

I still want to analyse a few more things, i hope you don't mind? 

No worries! Great, I would contact them after you have gathered evidence though as they might brush you off. Say it's hard to play games etc when it spikes so much. 

There is no typical average of what a ping graph should be but yours is very spiky. If you have a pretty stable base ping with minimal jitter the graph would be pretty consistent. 

No worries at all :)

Hey their Netduma Fraser,

I have been down this path before with trying to get my isp to minimise my jitter and ping many times before and with no success.

I forward you this question,

I know thier is another isp in my area which uses copper lines and not cable.

They can offer me a maximum download speed of 15mbs and upload of 1.5mbs, compared to my current isp which uses cable and max speeds of 100mbs download and 1.9mbs upload.

I know for a fact that the isp which uses the copper lines and offers much lower speeds has lower ping and jitter on thier network as I have trialed them before.

Through your experience which is the better isp to go for?

• Administrators

Well it's really up to you. 

If it was me I would weigh it up like this:

How often do I use the internet for speed intensive tasks, downloading, streaming etc

How often do I get to game and how much more enjoyment would I gain from the increased stability and lower base ping

If you care about lag which I'm presuming you do (given you've bought our router), then I would go with the new ISP - bandwidth has nothing to do with gaming anyway so as long as you're not using it too much for intensive tasks (or can get used to the reduced speed) then go for it.

You could always threaten to leave your current ISP for the other one if they don't resolve your jitter issue. 

You have given me alot to think about and your knowledge is always very helpful as you make me aware of certain things which cross my mind.

I will take all of what you have said on board and give it some serious thinking over.

Thanks Netduma Fraser.

I have a question for you...

When you find an opponent and ping them, the bar graphs come up in various colours like red, pink, blue, orange, yellow purple and so on.

Can you please explain to me what each colour means, because I notice a difference in game play when each colour comes up on the bar graph.

I have briefly listed the colours off the top of my head, if I have missed any please feel free to add them to your reply.

• Administrators

You have given me alot to think about and your knowledge is always very helpful as you make me aware of certain things which cross my mind.

I will take all of what you have said on board and give it some serious thinking over.

Thanks Netduma Fraser.

No worries at all!

I have a question for you...

When you find an opponent and ping them, the bar graphs come up in various colours like red, pink, blue, orange, yellow purple and so on.

Can you please explain to me what each colour means, because I notice a difference in game play when each colour comes up on the bar graph.

I have briefly listed the colours off the top of my head, if I have missed any please feel free to add them to your reply.

This is for P2P games like Destiny. For FIFA it is not necessary, you can disable it. The colours are purely aesthetic. 

Archived